Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leap Year also known as Topsy Turvy day

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
What is everyone doing on Feb. 29th to celebrate Leap Year Day? Do any of you have birthdays on this day? Do you have special traditions? Are any ladies going to propose to their man?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Isn't that also known as Sadie Hawkins Day? It's Ladies' Choice!
Or, you could see a performance of Pirates of Penzance.
Edit: I just Googled. My mistake. Sadie Hawkins Day is the first Saturday after Nov 9th. Same idea, tho.
But you can still see Pirates of Penzance.

Edward

Bartender
I'll be in work as normal.... I wish it was a public holiday or something. No plans other than the usual Friday routine - ork all day, head home, eat and then fall asleep in front of the gogglebox. :rolleyes:

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
I'm taking the day off work and going camping. This has nothing to do with leap year, just taking advantage of an opening in my schedule. I have not camped in the winter in several years and am excited to head out.

Sunny

One Too Many
JazzBaby said:
Gershwin is my idol and that dress is stunning. You're very, very lucky! :mad:

Aww! :( There'll be other chances. I've been sort of suffering through parts of it ever since Christmas; my dad plays third trumpet, and he's been practicing. A lot. :eek: I knew he was improving when I could recognize parts of "An American in Paris." ;)

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I have a friend that will be "10" years old. My family will be celebrating her birthday. Her children are around my kid's ages, which is older than she is.:p

Sincerely,
The Wolf

jayem

A-List Customer
I'm working. How exciting! Maybe I'll be rack up some karma points and order a pizza for everyone at my work or bring in cookies.

My good friend was born on a leap day. She celebrates on the first of March.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Well I know earlier in the year I had asked opinions on FL and gotten some great advice about the idea of proposing to my fella. After talking thru many many things, I won't be doing it. He's a traditional guy and I believe wants to do the asking himself. I actually think that it will come someday (not years from now as I once believed). Now I just tease him that he better be ready for it tomorrow. My teasing has probably made him that much less nervous about taking the step himself. He knows I will say yes when the time comes. After some really terrific advice (I think it was MidFogey), I thought about whether I would regret being the one who asked - and I think I might of. I'm a goon who wants the big romantic gesture I suppose.

I now say - well I'm not waiting for the next leap year to come - so you better get your act together. :) Then we roll on the floor laughing.

Edward

Bartender
Fletch said:
Do you ork cows? Or do you leave that to your cow-orkers? lol

Did you say 'orc'?

orc.jpg

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
PolkaDotMeggie said:
So what happens if your birthday is on a leap day? Do you just not celerate your big day because it doesn't "exist" all the non-leapyear- years?

I believe they switch the birthday to February 28 or March 1, but they technically are 4 years old when they turn 1. If that makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran