Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Care?

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I am sure there must be a thread for this? apologies if there is however as this is a primarly US based forum and products mentioned aren't always readily available over here, I was wondering if any UK users had any recommendations for a leather care product available within the UK, that is
A. very good
B. fairly cheap
I have used things(shoe creams) before available from high street shoe shops with carying results , some appeared to work very well but some were leaving a sticky residue behind.
I don't mind spending for a real quality product, what does the industry use, I'll need a fair amount as I now have around 25 pairs of shoes/boots various leather belts, straps on rucksacks, collar boxes and at least 30 binocular cases.

J.W.

A-List Customer
Pecards and Kiwi spring to mind immediately, mink oil, snoseal... I guess the product you use also depends on the kind of leather you want to use it on. Personally, I'd stay away from anything that has silicone in it.

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
I asked a well known leather belt company what product they would use on a Crocodile Hide Belt I have.

His reply was
"Connolly Hide Food or Hide Care as it is also known.
This is a gentle treatment and will feed the leather without any abrasion which some treatments seem to impart"

Seemed okay to me. Not sure about boots/shoes.

Fifty150

One Too Many
I like Fiebing's products. In today's day and age, you should be able to order just about anything online. If you can't find it locally, use Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany