Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Holdall - Grafea - Any Experience?

Edward

Bartender
Cracking looking bag. No experience of the manufacturer myself. I love its utilitarian design - what you refer to as 'crude', I suppose. I wish I could find something the same but big enough to use for more than an overnight / carry-on bag. Surely it can't be that expensive to produce? Alas, if you want a decent suitcase-sized luggage item i an old-school size, it seems only the high end folks produce them.... at a price where I would be afraid to put it in hold baggage. Assuming, that is, I could still afford the holiday after buying it!

Javelina

New in Town
I actually like the design. When I said crude I was referring to the fact that it's unlined and that the leather is a little rough around the edges. No zippers which means nothing to snag or break.

Back many years ago I bought a raw leather rucksack in Athens and this holdall has a similar style & construction. I might just pull the trigger on one of these. Only question is whether I need another travel bag...

Edward

Bartender
Ah! Gotcha. Yes, it really looks nice. I don't think I could justify it myself as I already have plenty of bags that size, but a larger model... I'm still drooling over the suitcase that Saddleback do. Same design idea, no zippers or other moving parts that could be easily broken. For me, one of the big attractions of a leather bag is that it can be repaired. Maybe not in an especially attractive way, but it should be possible for a tear to be stitched up - not so easy with modern nylon equivalents. Nature bests man again....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats