Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather/Roan sweatband manufacturers

Gumbo Book

Familiar Face
Hi Guys!

This is my first post. I've been veiwing the TFL for a few years now. I am currently employed in trying to hand make my own fedoras'. But I can't for the life of me find a good roan/leather sweatband supplier in the Uk.
Does anyone know a good qaulity one.

Many-thanks guys

Fedoras4Life

New in Town
Thank you to everyone that posted here, I have been looking for a good sweatband supplier for a couple weeks. I now have some good leads to follow up with tomorrow.
Does the lounge member known as Bond have a website, or do you get in touch with him through this forum?

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Thank you to everyone that posted here, I have been looking for a good sweatband supplier for a couple weeks. I now have some good leads to follow up with tomorrow.
Does the lounge member known as Bond have a website, or do you get in touch with him through this forum?

Bond sells through Etsy I believe under the name FineVintageFedoras: https://www.etsy.com/listing/205612...-leather-sweatband-pre?ref=shop_home_active_3
If you want calf or cow leather sweats then call Fern Thatcher Company, they do not have a minimum order quantity. I recently purchased a dozen and a half recently and they look good: http://www.fernthatcherco.com/ and they go between $4.50 and $7.00 a sweat.

As I mentioned previously, JW at JW Hats makes sweats too. and they are in the $5.00 range. You do have to call them to order. They come with gold stripe on the top and he can gold stamp your logo on there if desired. $75 fee or so to get a die made of your logo, all you need is a drawing that can be emailed to his guy for doing the die.

Remember to ask for reeded sweatbands, also you will want to know what size (wdith) 1 5/8 inch or 2 inches. Think about colors that you might like as well.

There is another place Singer Sampath that does a lot of business but does have a large order quantity. I haven't personally ordered from them but others on the lounge have. No website, kind of difficult to find.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family

Here are the sweats that I got from Fern Thatcher.

2 inch Antique Chestnut (calf), 2 inch Smooth Black (cow), 1 5/8 inch Smooth Black (cow)
The chestnut has an debossed line and the black has gold stripe.

IMG_20170524_224314493_zpsysdfhjxe.jpg

IMG_20170524_224328776_zps8kbp2q1a.jpg

IMG_20170524_224319965_zpsml5zacsx.jpg

Fedoras4Life

New in Town
Here are the sweats that I got from Fern Thatcher.

2 inch Antique Chestnut (calf), 2 inch Smooth Black (cow), 1 5/8 inch Smooth Black (cow)
The chestnut has an debossed line and the black has gold stripe.

IMG_20170524_224314493_zpsysdfhjxe.jpg

IMG_20170524_224328776_zps8kbp2q1a.jpg

IMG_20170524_224319965_zpsml5zacsx.jpg
Thanks! These look great. I'm actually really close to this particular supplier. If I get some time tomorrow I might drive up there and get some sweatbands myself.

Thanks for the help Chicago

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Thanks! These look great. I'm actually really close to this particular supplier. If I get some time tomorrow I might drive up there and get some sweatbands myself.

Thanks for the help Chicago
That's cool. If you do go up there would you please take pictures of their other colors and post them? I would like to know what they have before I order next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo