Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's Be Gorgeous!

MissyVamp

New in Town
I have only been a member of The Lounge for a short time, but its bothering me that there seems to be some girls in here that are worried about their hair, or their body size, or some other nonsense that just doesn't matter. So I think we should all embrace the way we look and stand up and say " We are GORGEOUS"
I'm short & fat by most standards, but to hell with all THAT. I am completely gorgeous. My husband thinks so - because I feel so. Its all down to confidence - and every woman in the world has something about her that is beautiful, be it her eyes, her hair, the curve of her calf - whatever - just stand up and tell the world what it is about you that is fabulous. For me - dressing in a vintage style allowed me to accept the way I look - I wear corsets quite often, but thats just to balance out my fabulous hips and glorious bosum! - I'll have my pics up on here within the next few days - because I truly believe that even though I am short and I am fat and I have no chin(!) - I'm still fabulous!!

Come on girls - tell us all what is fabulous about you, cos we all definately have something

Be Gorgeous!

Siobhan

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MissyVamp said:
I have only been a member of The Lounge for a short time, but its bothering me that there seems to be some girls in here that are worried about their hair, or their body size, or some other nonsense that just doesn't matter. So I think we should all embrace the way we look and stand up and say " We are GORGEOUS"
Siobhan

You're adorable! Don't worry, if we're worried it's not because we're UNfabulous, we just want to "up" the fabulosity!

MissyVamp

New in Town
Well, Thank you Miss Bella! I am adorable lol
And you are completely beautiful - so lets have it - your best bit about yourself is...?

Speak UP woman!!!! lol

Siobhan

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Oh, I don't feel un-gorgeous. Yes, I am "curvacious", but I wanna loose some of the pounds and firm up for me, not anyone else.

If I didn't feel gorgeous I wouldn't be leaning towards vintage, where more attention is drawn towards me. I'm leaning towards vintage because of the ladiness/classiness of it.

As I mentioned in my intro, I work in a male dominated field, and noticed myself slacking and leaning towards a more masculine look. I remember once a few years ago at a job sight some one called me sir. Ok, so it was the dead of winter, about 25 degrees f with the wind chill factor (and believe me it was windy) so I was bundled up, had my hair in a pony tail under my hard hat and dark safety glasses on, but it still got to me. lol

pretty faythe

One Too Many
OH, and the best bet about me in my opinion is that at 5'5 I am taller than my older sis and my mom...lol
My eyes and lips. Have always always gotten compliments, even from strangers about my eyes.
And previous boyfriends have complimented me on my derier. ;) (Thats from having to hike from where we are assigned parking to the job site when I was doing construction and walking about 10 miles a day just inside the work area now doing the convetion work!):p

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MissyVamp said:
Well, Thank you Miss Bella! I am adorable lol
And you are completely beautiful - so lets have it - your best bit about yourself is...?

Speak UP woman!!!! lol

Siobhan

Hm...well, I'm outspoken, personable, and confident! If you mean physically, it's my figure that stays in a nice hourglass whether I'm slim or whether I'm being bad and not exercising.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh, Im totally cute ;)

Im not the ideal of super cuteness, but then again, not too many are. Om not skinny, AT ALL, and my super cuteness (or GORGEOUSNESS) is so awesome, that I cant contain it.

I think a lot of the ladies here know how cute they are, but whats wrong with a bit of self improvement? ;)

LD

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I think my best bit are my eyes and my hair, especially since it happened more than once that people commented how rare grey eyes and dark hair are (I don´t really feel that it is that way cause everyone in my family had dark hair and blue or grey eyes - must be something in the water). [huh] I also like my face-form most of the time lol

Lady Day: You are indeed cute! (and I love your super-cute new avatar)

lindylady

A-List Customer
I like my face, especially my eyes. I've been told that they have an exotic shape. As for my body, I like that I am tall and have long legs. It's amazing how awkward it feels to say something positive about yourself, yet second nature to utter something less so. It shouldn't be that way! Thanks, Missy Vamp, for the idea! It helps! :D

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
oh, i know i'm cute. maybe even gorgeous, depending on the angle.

but if you saw my vintage wardrobe, you'd understand how much cuter i would be if i would drop 20 pounds and be able to wear it again! lol

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Oh goodness, I wish I had as much confidence as you all do! I go through phases where sometimes I'm down in the dumps about my appearance (like right now) and sometimes I'm totally happy.

But, to stay away from the negative, I will say my best features (or the ones that get the most comments on) are my skin, naturally long, dark and curled lashes, and my lips. I get the most comments on my skin though, which is pretty much blemish free (knock on wood!), soft and very pale compared to my black hair.

Yikes, I've been so hard on myself lately, I need to get out of this silly slump!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
This is a great thread -- especially with the culture the way it is these days we all need to step back once in a while and find our own gorgeousity.

Me, well, I may be flat-chested, thick-waisted, and myopic -- but I've also got really good legs, and those cover a multitude of flaws. So there, world!

As for all you folks -- you are truly gorgeous, and I am proud to be among you.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Very nice thread!

I am beautiful and cute, my best features are my body language and personality. Physically, I have a gorgeous face and long, soft, flowing hair. Good legs and very cute, little feet. And according to my man, my (rather sagging) bottom is wonderful too. On a good day, I even think my soft, padded opposite-of-sixpack tummy is rather cute and Marylinesque!

Remember ladies, that no matter how you look there has, in the history of mankind, been a period of time where YOU impersonate the ideal! Big and curvy? Ruben would have loved you! No breasts? Hello, wonderful flappergirl.

Beauty ideals change all the time for different reasons. Whos`s to say that the ideal we may not match up to is the one that`s correct?

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
This is a good thread to start Missy Vamp!:eusa_clap
WE do need to take a step back from self-criticism and realize that if we were meant to look one way we would, and that would be the end of that.
We're all different, and therefore all beautiful, fabulous and PERFECT! (thats right I said the P-word!) Changes for health are one thing, changes for society quite another.
Pigeon Toe don't feel poorly about your looks, cause I think you're beautiful, and between you and I, I've been so envious of your lovely hair.:)

Okay that's the end of today's soapbox:D

My best features, I think are my huge, green eyes, and the fact that I am tiny, I am often underestimated because of it, and I love the shocked expressions I get when I prove peoples' assumptions about me wrong.:D

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I think the best thing to do is not to look at all those magazine ads featuring those scantily dressed women advertising for...whatever!.
Almost all are photo shopped and have body paint on them. What we fail to realize is that without the HOURS it took to get them to that point, they are VERY ordinary looking with big flaws all of they're own!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I'm fabulous because of my big green eyes, full lips, curvy hips, and calves of steel! I also have a wicked sense of humor that completely cracks up The Mister.

Hooray for us! :eusa_clap

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Beauty extends much farther then the face or the body or even the clothing you wear. I neither advertise or hide my "beauty.", I hardly wear any makeup, very simple, perhaps some red lipstick and a dash of foundation, sometimes none at all. Vintage clothing for me is about celebrating beauty and grace from a time past, I feel very beautiful in vintage clothing, simply because they are different, and feminine, not a pair of jeans and a teeshirt you simply through on. With gloves and hats and dress, vintage takes time and effort. I always choose vintage that I feel comfortable in.

My grandfather who worked in the fashion industry from the late 1920's to the early 1970's always says something to me, he says " The lady with the right carriage can make a five dollar dress look like a million bucks, and a lady wit poor carriage can make a million dollar dress look like five bucks."

I'd like to think that my inner "outer" beauty is reconginzed less then my inner beauty, as the beauty of the face and body fades, but the beauty of the soul stays til death. One way I express my inner beauty is through my poetry and writing and art.

Here's a poem that I wrote this morning:

Daffodils

I love the daffodls
before spring
thier green smocked chests
and buttery faces
blazing open,
reaching up
for a drink of that
pale powered light
And they stand tall and brave
while the rain jellies down thier