Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's Be Gorgeous!

Novella

Practically Family
My hair doesn't hold a style for long, and hair combs refuse to stay put, but other than that I couldn't ask for better hair. It's almost never frizzy, the only thing I need to do to it is shampoo and let it air dry. No need for blow drying, straightening irons, hair products to control it. It's not too thick, and not too thin - just right as Goldilocks might say!

Other than that there isn't something about my body that I think is particularly fantastic - I'm human and full of flaws. But I have loads of confidence, and I don't feel like my self-worth or belief in myself has anything to do with the way my body is. Of course I have those days where I just wish there was a zipper I could pull to step outside of my body, but I usually feel that hey, this is what I've got to work with, so I should be content with it. I'm mostly happy that I have four fully functioning limbs and little to truly complain about! :)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
i guess. I have pretty cool eyes, they are pretty large, and change colour very often .. so that is fun.

plus. I went back to a nearly perfect figure after giving birth..
so i guess i am pretty lucky!

:)

MissyVamp

New in Town
exquisitebones said:
I have pretty cool eyes, they are pretty large, and change colour very often

Wow - how cool! - Do they darken or lighten or what? - You always read about this in novels " his eyes darkened" or " her eyes shone bluer" sort of thing - but I just thought it was artistic liscence - I didn't know it really happened - how fabulous!

My eyes only seem to change depending on my hair colour. My eyes are hazel and when I dye my hair more red - they look greener. If my hair is brown or blonde , they look browner. For this reason I am a redhead!!:D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Im too tired to be gorgeous today, Ill have to settle for super cute ;)

You ladies go on and be gorgeous with out me, just this once.
Ill catch up later.

LD

starla

New in Town
pigeon toe said:
- I'm secretly really smug that I know way more about music and cars than any other girl I know and therefore get along with the boys better! ;)
- But I am also one of the most feminine-looking girls I know.

Me too! But I don't know anything about cars...my secret getting-along-with-guys weapons are beer, video games and being generally "chill" and non-dramatic. It works pretty well for me!

MissyVamp

New in Town
TUT TUT!

Now come ON girls!!! - the whole point of this thread is to celebrate how gorgeous WE are - we don't need any cattyness here! (my defination of a <word removed because even though it was masked, we dont allow curse words here> is a girl that cares less about her girlfriends, than the impression she thinks she's making on her potential boyfriends).
Please, now, GIRLS! - there is a place for making the boys swoon - but THIS is a place for just how we find OURSELVES gorgeous. Its not hard to make the boys swoon after all, a flash of stocking seam?, a coy look? a corseted figure? - we all know how to do THAT - lets make ourselves swoon - because of how fabulous, wonderful and GORGEOUS we are. so no more boy talk:rage:
ok?:D
Siobhan

pigeon toe

One Too Many
MissyVamp said:
Now come ON girls!!! - the whole point of this thread is to celebrate how gorgeous WE are - we don't need any cattyness here! (my defination of a <word removed because even though it was masked, we dont allow curse words here> is a girl that cares less about her girlfriends, than the impression she thinks she's making on her potential boyfriends).
Please, now, GIRLS! - there is a place for making the boys swoon - but THIS is a place for just how we find OURSELVES gorgeous. Its not hard to make the boys swoon after all, a flash of stocking seam?, a coy look? a corseted figure? - we all know how to do THAT - lets make ourselves swoon - because of how fabulous, wonderful and GORGEOUS we are. so no more boy talk:rage:
ok?:D
Siobhan

True, I have been hanging around too many catty girls lately! They are probably rubbing off on me!

However, I am proud of my interests in music, cars, etc., no matter what, because they are part of what makes me unique. I'm very particular about the things I'm into, and I REALLY get into them. Unfortunately, not a lot of people have things like that, so I'm glad I can get really psyched about things when so many people these days are bored with everything!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I hope this doesn't sound too strange, but I've never felt so lovely as I have since I've been reading and participating on this forum.

I am actually taking quite a bit of beauty advice from here and it's working out all for the better. And getting in touch with other vintagephiles makes me feel like I'm not so alone in getting on in this world being "different" from the masses.

Thanks gals! :)

Honey Doll

Practically Family
It kind of feels weird saying "I am gorgeous", like I just can't turn off that modesty lever in my brain. But... I'll give it a try! :)

I have incredible eyes. They are green with interior rings of aqua, then yellow. I've never seen any like them and am quite proud of them.

I have beautiful, full lips.

My eyebrows have a lovely arch.

I have killer calves and pretty shoulders.

My figure looks better now after two babies than I ever did in my 20s.

I am smart and have a high IQ. I went to law school when I was only 19.

My voice can fill a room. I can belt out a tune.

When I walk, I hold my head up high and keep my shoulders back. I walk with purpose.

I wear hats fearlessly.

Ok, I'll admit it...that was really fun.

Honey Doll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925