Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Vintage Inspired Office!

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
I don't know. A faithful reproduction would do maybe. But on the other hand, what I probably dislike is that most of these phones look like light plastic. The same thing with wireless boxes - strange wood to make it look "retro", and then crappy light plastic buttons.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The dining room phone

Really like a 202 tho.

helloisdatchoo.jpg

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I have the wall unit one from Pottery Barn in our kitchen and it's pretty solid.
The handle has a nice weight to it and the finsih is nice. Not overly shiny.
The ring is pretty good for a reproduction and you get the convienence of touch tone dialing.
I'd love to get a 202 or 302 though at some point for my desk.

Erick

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I've got a black bakelite Ericsson from the '40s. Found it at an antique fair in Chile. Looks a lot like the 1939 Western Electric 302, except for one amazing feature: it's push button. The white buttons (about the size of pencil erasers) circle the center, like a rotary dial. There is no doubt that the phone is authentic; my question is, how did it work?

matei

One Too Many
I don't currently have my "own" office, nor do I have one anymore at home (back to renting after selling the aul house), but if I could have an office like I wanted, it would look something like this:
7.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Say, I really like that office! That TV/Computer things is really cool! I'd love to build a PC that looks like that! How cool would that be to have something like that to post things on the Lounge or "myspace" on?

Way cool idea bud! I dig it!

=WR=

matei

One Too Many
That pic is from the concept art from the game "Grim Fandango", a rather old (in computer years) game from 1998 or 1999 I think.

I believe that the tube between the windows was a sort of "message tube", kinda like you see in some old banks or shops where the cashiers can send cash back to the safe room, using wee round containers.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
JW said:
I have to get one of these for my office. A 1939 Western Electric 302 Rotary Dial Phone, or something similar from that time period.

Does anyone have one that is operational? How does it sound?

I have several varieties of that phone. My Pop used to work for Western Electric and had collected several phones from the different phone offices he worked in. They're in great working order and sound just fine. Personally I think they sound better than most modern phones.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy