Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Life Before/After? Besame

ginny

Familiar Face
kamikat said:
Prior to, and concurrent with, using Besame, I was/am a loyal Mary Key customer. With the liquidation sale, I will probably only pick up the sweet pink rouge, as it's the only rouge I've used that I've ever liked.

I love those MK refillable compacts, if only they would make them more stylish and attractive, like the Besame vanity case!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
ginny said:
I love those MK refillable compacts, if only they would make them more stylish and attractive, like the Besame vanity case!

It depends on your taste. I just got the new Spring MK catalog and they have redesigned the compact. It's very modern looking, black and sleek. I think it's pretty than the old pink compact, but not nearly as pretty as the gold, vintage-looking Besame compacts.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
kamikat said:
It depends on your taste. I just got the new Spring MK catalog and they have redesigned the compact. It's very modern looking, black and sleek. I think it's pretty than the old pink compact, but not nearly as pretty as the gold, vintage-looking Besame compacts.

Between the pink compact and what they have now. They came out with a classic looking silver one(the ones I have). They are as I said clasic looking but they discontinued them recently due to the new compact.http://www.pinkbeauty4less.com/inc/sdetail/548

Samantha

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
Mary Kay Cosmetics

I have tried Mary Kay, and do like their products. What keeps me away from them, though, is the pressure I feel from the consultants to have parties and try to recruit my friends to use it. And when I go to the Mary Kay parties I don't like the pressure I feel that I have to buy something. It's just not for me.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
RetroQueen said:
I have tried Mary Kay, and do like their products. What keeps me away from them, though, is the pressure I feel from the consultants to have parties and try to recruit my friends to use it. And when I go to the Mary Kay parties I don't like the pressure I feel that I have to buy something. It's just not for me.

The key is finding a consultant that is willing to work with you and be the consultant that you need. When I met my girl, I told her right off that I loved the product and would like to remain a loyal customer, but that I didn't want to be called, emailed or bothered. I also told her that I did not want to do parties. I told her the first time I bought from her that if she bugged me too much, I would take my business elsewhere. I'll admit that I was kind of rude to her, but she has totally respected my wishes. The only time she emails me is to let me know that the new seasonal colors were out and asks if I want samples of the new colors. I order off her website and she mails everything to me. The only time she contacts me about an order is if she's out of something. I get the catalog in the mail a couple times per year and that's it. She's never asked me to do a party. She's been my girl for years! Now that they all have websites, you should be able to find someone willing to work with you, even if she's not in your home town. You can also try eBay. I have a couple sellers on eBay that I trust for MK products. Let me know if you would like their names. They have never contacted me further than the typical eBay seller and usually are a little cheaper than a regular MY lady.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner