Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lindy hop pics

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
JBLindy-vi.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
LOL LOL I think it would have taken a little more then some pollish to fix thos shoes. They look like they're falling apart! Maybe they're some sort of sandle? Hard to tell.

Wild Root

Gone Home
You know, that man is the legendary Frankie Manning from the Savoy Ballroom also was a member of the famous dance team Whitey's Lindy Hopers. He still is teaching Lindy Hop today! I have met him and he is a class act all the way! Funny guy and full of life!

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with those shoes, but next time I see him, I might ask him about it.;) Maybe a lucky pair or something.

Any way, see ya around.

Root.

Big-T

Familiar Face
Frankie Manning

One of the coolest gigs I ever played was Frankie Mannings 86th B-day in Tokyo. Even though he was recovering from a broken leg or hip, he was still right up there dancing. Super nice gentleman as well.
FM-image-mid.jpg

Craig "Big-T" Thompson

Brad A. Cox

Familiar Face
You have to admire a guy who can swing with a broken wing or hip, leg, or anything. I am strickly swing but it would look like break dancing on pain killers if it was me. It would be a real scream. A hoot and a holler. "Mr. bartender can I get a double Martini when I get off of the floor please?" That is one picture that would never be seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR