Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lining

MKL

A-List Customer
I have a problem with one of my hats. The lining keeps sagging down out of place. The lining is attached in but falls down from the inside of the crown. Does my description make sense? How can I stop this?

Thanks.

Feraud

Bartender
MKL said:
I have a problem with one of my hats. The lining keeps sagging down out of place. The lining is attached in but falls down from the inside of the crown. Does my description make sense? How can I stop this?

Thanks.
Stick your head in it! ;)

Marc

Vendor
Doh! :eusa_doh:

Yeah, really! I just can't figure why people do that, when sewing it in only takes half an hour... I hate to have rests of glue on my blocks after reblocking these hats and it CERTAINLY doesn't increase the value of the hat neither.

If you don't want to sew it into your vintage hat, I strongly recommend using double tape (or whatever it's called - I mean the tape that glues on both sides) over that darn glue!

Cut off a few pieces and glue them on the bottom of the liner - if you want a stripe or two for the top might help too. If you want to be REAL cautinous about the hat, glue a piece of painter tape on the double tape (the glue on the painter tape isn't very strong and can be removed easier again).

Regards,

Marc

Justdog

Practically Family
Linings

I know this is common for vintage hats but how does it happen and what options are there to fix, clean repair this: Hat linings that have turned and sort of stained a rusty orangy color?

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Justdog said:
I know this is common for vintage hats but how does it happen and what options are there to fix, clean repair this: Hat linings that have turned and sort of stained a rusty orangy color?

I've had pretty good luck with hand washing in Woolite. I sometimes add Oxyclean. How it looks afterwards depends on how badly the liner is stained, of course. Some stains just don't come out.

Regards,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace