Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Links Irvin Coastal Command.

rick howarth

New in Town
Thanks to Andrew I have now been able to reinstall a genuine hood on my Coastal Command Irvin. This has involved careful stitching utilising the original stitch holes.

Andrew also identified the jacket as most likely manufactured by Links. I know my jacket is a size 6 and with a 44" chest and a 40" waist of course it's snug but I feel/hope wearable by me as its my only genuine Irvin. I am so keen to wear it it is motivating my diet.

The only problem is the shoulders which are very tight due to the short underarm construction. Again Andrew has explained that this is a Links characteristic.

I would be interested to get the opinion of others in this regard who have worn Links Irvins.

It's so tight my initial thinking was that there had been some shrinkage to the seam tape.

As I am sure is apparent I am a complete novice so all advice welcome.

rick howarth

New in Town
Until last year, I had a similarly sized Links Irvin (posted elsewhere on this site, http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...s-clothing!/page61&highlight=dr+H+links+irvin), but had no problems with tight shoulders.
It was a very comfortable jacket in use.

Nice jacket Dr H. Why I thought shrinkage might be an issue is that the top of the sleeve, at the shoulder seam, instead of it being a continuous curve it pulls in slightly.. A photograph would help explain I know but as a new boy I cant yet post them.

I only have Eastman repros to compare with. Maybe in the final outcome it's just a size too small, I know the specs for a size six don't match my measurements.

Incidentally the hood is ideal for an open top MG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner