Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

liquid eyeliner?

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
I used to use the Rimmel eyeliner but about seven years ago they changed the brush and it all went horribly wrong....i have tried ooodles but at the mo i like clinques liquid eyeliner. Although i've never tried a block eyeliner and quite fancy it...apart from MAC does anyone know of a good make that stays on ??

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
make-up forever has a good cake-eyeliner, but are a bit pricy...i love benefit's duo cake-eyeliner and their get bent brush, it's actually a simple eyeliner brush with a bent shaft, that makes application much easier. smashbox also has a similar brush, haven't tried it though. ;) good luck...;)

Goldfish

A-List Customer
tried the rimmel liner yesterday and it smudges a lot....
I want to try wetnwild ´s waterproofed eyeliner because it seems to be the only cheap one that actually stays on the lid

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
OH MY GALS.......:eusa_clap I HAVE JUST GOT BENEFITS... BABY CAKES ....CAKE EYELINER AND BENT BRUSH......this is the best i have ever used have finally found the perfect one. And i find i can get a good line despite the getting older skin issue....hooray for benefit once again :D :D :D :D

A very happy cheesecake :p :p :p

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
Ooh, I'm planning to get Benefit's Babecakes. I bought the liner brush a few years ago to use with eyeshadow, and now that the brown and black colours come in the same packaging it really seems worth it.

Antje

One Too Many
I always use a liquid eyeliner pen,

it's really cheap, but I'm affraid that it is only available here in Holland because it's from HEMA.

But with this pen I can make nice sharp lines, I'm not that handy with a little brush

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
I would suggest investing in the Benefit Baby Cakes..... It is just so good. Its Matt, stays on, doesn't smudge, easy to correct if you make a blunder. Super duper 10/10...... The brown is great too and you can mix them to get the perfect shade. The get bent brush is so easy to use i get a really good clean line. Also i am getting older and that clean line is getting harder to achieve, but because you can apply it watery and build it up i don't have this problem.:D

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I usually use MAC's fluid line gel liner with one of their brushes. It takes some getting used to but after some practise I've come to prefer the look it gives to liquid liners. I have a problem though and was wondering if any of you ladies experience it too - after a few hours I get a mark on my upper eyelid from where the liner has touched it (whilst your eyes are open...I hope this makes sense). Because the MAC fluid line doesn't budge I didn't think I would have this problem with it but I still get it and it's really annoying. It's a problem if I'm wearing eyeshadow because I can't just wipe it off. Does anybody else get this with liners?

Antje

One Too Many
SarahLouise said:
I usually use MAC's fluid line gel liner with one of their brushes. It takes some getting used to but after some practise I've come to prefer the look it gives to liquid liners. I have a problem though and was wondering if any of you ladies experience it too - after a few hours I get a mark on my upper eyelid from where the liner has touched it (whilst your eyes are open...I hope this makes sense). Because the MAC fluid line doesn't budge I didn't think I would have this problem with it but I still get it and it's really annoying. It's a problem if I'm wearing eyeshadow because I can't just wipe it off. Does anybody else get this with liners?

I get this problem very soon after putting it on,
i used to do first with a kohl pencil then my eyeshadow en than de liquid liner but it doesn't help at all.

I have this problem also with my mascara so irritating

its really annoying but I don't know what to do somethimes i will try to hold my eyes half open but I cannot do that for al whole day

actualy it was nice to know that I'm not the only person who has this problem

Rainbow

Familiar Face
I just bought Babe Cakes by Benefit since it's gotten rave reviews. However, there wasn't a brush with it. Where do I get a bent brush, or should I have ordered that seperately?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Rainbow said:
I just bought Babe Cakes by Benefit since it's gotten rave reviews. However, there wasn't a brush with it. Where do I get a bent brush, or should I have ordered that seperately?

Benefit usually sells it separately, unless it is with a gift pack or collection.

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
RAINBOW

One more thing I forgot to ask. Do I use it wet or dry?

You can get the "get bent brush" from Benefit...its fab, but a lip brush should do in the meantime.

Use it wet,(i have a small lid i fill with water to wet my brush i do this several times in application to keep it nice and moist) like paint, you can use it lightly to get a faint line or build it up to get a dark full on look .....Mix the colours together for a deeper brown...its fabulous...enjoy :D

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Hello ladies,
I'm addicted to the Shiseido Fine Eyeliner... It's so easy to use, it's like a fountain pain because, when it's empty, you just have to buy a new cartridge!! And you can reuse it over and over!!! I highly recommend it!!!

scarlett

One of the Regulars
To all you ladies that have trouble with eyeliner not lasting, I discovered Benefit's She-lac. It works with all my eyeliners, cheap to lavish. I have oily skin so nothing ever really lasted until I got this. It's clear, comes with a set of brushes and you apply it right over your eyeliner or any other makeup you want to "set". I wear contact lenses and haven't had a problem.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
She-Laq is some very handy stuff to have. I used to use it when I shaved my brows and drew them in...My drawn in-She-Laq'd brows would last through swimming, dancing, sweating and sleeping and even end of the long day forehead rubbing... good stuff.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo