Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Longer Jackets Thread

wdw

One Too Many
Thought a thread devoted to longer jackets might be useful, as most jackets here seem to be short. It would be good if others could add theirs, no matter the make.

To kick off, here's comparison shots of my two Aero Stockmans, black and cordovan. The black is the thin black layer which wears relatively quickly to brown highlights, whereas the cordovan seems more solid. They're both about three years old and only really worn in winter, and not all the time even then. Both are very soft now, and although relatively heavy to carry, they're only 2.35kg or so at size 38 and don't feel at all heavy to wear.
StockComp1_zpsquulvc9k.jpg

StockComp2_zps1gvegsay.jpg

StockComp3_zps3dx7d2wl.jpg

StockComp4_zps4gozttfl.jpg

RJR

Thought a thread devoted to longer jackets might be useful, as most jackets here seem to be short. It would be good if others could add theirs, no matter the make.

To kick off, here's comparison shots of my two Aero Stockmans, black and cordovan. The black is the thin black layer which wears relatively quickly to brown highlights, whereas the cordovan seems more solid. They're both about three years old and only really worn in winter, and not all the time even then. Both are very soft now, and although relatively heavy to carry, they're only 2.35kg or so at size 38 and don't feel at all heavy to wear.
StockComp1_zpsquulvc9k.jpg

StockComp2_zps1gvegsay.jpg

StockComp3_zps3dx7d2wl.jpg

StockComp4_zps4gozttfl.jpg
Very nice.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
This is a couple of old shots of my brown FQHH Teamster taken while new and is my longest one (28.5" back length).
2013-04-27 12.04.46.jpg 2013-04-27 12.06.37.jpg

Below a couple of shots taken recently showing a couple of years of wear.
2016-02-14 12.47.10.jpg 2016-02-14 12.47.19.jpg

BTW Eric, I am very partial to your two Stockman coats with the large cargo pockets. I know you have at least one Teamster and would not mind your showing again as your photographic equipment and skills far exceed mine. ;)

wdw

One Too Many
@Fanch, your Teamster is getting nicely worn looking. I like the pockets on the Stockman, as they're pretty secure and nothing falls out. I have two inner pockets on the cordovan, but got that before realising how decent the patch pockets were. The black has no inner pockets and I don't feel that it needs them.

As for my Teamster, I have my black one with the Sunburst pockets which I really like and expect to get a cordovan one (again with the Sunburst pockets) in a month or so and will do a comparison of them when that comes. There's nothing like the smell of fresh FQHH in the morning...:)

cuchulain

Familiar Face
Great thread, I'm looking at buying a long half belt with alpaca lining for use as a winter jacket and keep the Roadster for early Spring and fall. Hopefully we get shots of the Aero Long HB in cordovan. I do really like that Teamster too.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great thread, I'm looking at buying a long half belt with alpaca lining for use as a winter jacket and keep the Roadster for early Spring and fall. Hopefully we get shots of the Aero Long HB in cordovan. I do really like that Teamster too.
I looked at the LHB too, particularly eyeballing the one that Sloan bought early on, but decided to go with the buttoned Teamster rather than the zipped LHB as I can leave the bottom button undone that creates less bunched up leather when sitting. I decided to go with moleskin lining for warmth and durability. My Teamster is my winter jacket and can layer with either a Filson moleskin or mackinaw wool vest without undue bulk in the arms. I opted for one inside pocket without closure and thus far don't see any sign of the pocket showing through the outside FQHH.
1.jpg 8C3383BF-A0AD-4590-BF5A-6C60125D7A0A-1167-000002B4D0395E10.jpg

wdw

One Too Many
Yeah, @Fanch, I copied you on the unsecured inner pocket for my two Teamsters. It's good to have something if the outer pockets are open, and no zip or button seems to give much less chance of the pocket showing through to the outside.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, @Fanch, I copied you on the unsecured inner pocket for my two Teamsters. It's good to have something if the outer pockets are open, and no zip or button seems to give much less chance of the pocket showing through to the outside.
Yep, I think we all receive helpful tips from one another here. I was definitely influenced by your earlier Teamster when I decided to order mine.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Very sharp looking Canucks that can be dressed up or down, worn either with jeans or with dress shirt and tie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran