Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOOK what I won

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Good Lord Man, why on earth would you shorten that crown? That is a beautiful hat as is. I would wear that proudly. If you're self-conscious due to the height; don't worry, you'll get used to it.

dressed2the9's

Familiar Face
I'm 5 "8 and 123 pound with a narrow face on a fedora I can't wear a crown over 5 inches max, but can wear wide brims. I know your a man of the late 20's-30s classic tall brim and so am I, but their limits for me, all thought you look great in them you have a much fuller face(not a babyface nelson face). Its not my height, its how thin my face, I can easily pull a brim 2 5/8- 2 3/4 inches in fact those are the 2 brim lenghts on fedoras I wear. Usually I keep the crown no higher than 4 5/8 inches. Thanks for the concern Hemmingway and wear yours in good health.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
You know, dressed2the9's, I thought the same thing when I bought a 30's style hat with a 5 1/2 inch crown (2 inch brim). I am about 5'10, 140 lbs, and I have a very slender face, and I keep my hair short, which makes my head look small (I wear a size 7). I figured I'd look like a fool in such a high crowned hat, but, I was wrong. Somehow I pulled it off nicely. I guess my moral is.. don't give up on high crowns, there is probably one out there that suits you perfectly.

evenmorehats055.jpg

cropped30s.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I beg you: PLEASE don't shorten the crown!

Vintage ('30s-'40s) fedoras with wide ribbons and high crowns are very difficult to come by, and they're getting rarer all the time. Your Citation fedora is fantastic, really extraordinary. A couple of us here have vintage Citations, and we couldn't be more pleased with them.

I sold Mr_Misanthropy his high-crown fedora because I was sure it would look good with his face ... and it does. I am sure that the Citation fedora will look great with your face, too. Enjoy it!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Don't TOUCH that dial, ot that hat!

That hat you won (bought) is wonderful. Looks clean, and lightly worn. I suggest that you enjoy it for what it is. DO NOT shorten the crown.

If you feel this hat doesn't have the correct balance, PM me please. Do not alter this beautiful vintage hat. I have SEVERAL in many colors, and in YOUR size that could be traded. They have lower crowns. Some of them.

dressed2the9's

Familiar Face
Citation, better quality than other vintage brands?

MY FAith is with the mothership connection brotha Funkateer.
Marc do you know where Citation is from, I heard they are from France is that true? How is their quality compared to vintage Stetsons, Champs and Mallory's?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Congrats on the Citation hat. I was watching that one but was traveling on business and decided not to pursue it. Glad it went to a lounge member!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
dressed2the9's said:
MY FAith is with the mothership connection brotha Funkateer.
Marc do you know where Citation is from, I heard they are from France is that true? How is their quality compared to vintage Stetsons, Champs and Mallory's?
None of us seem to know much about the Citation brand. I'm pretty sure that it's 100% American. Their quality is comparable to Adam. One of the best of the "middle/upper-middle class" hats. (Mallorys, Cavanaghs, Borsalinos and some of the Stetsons were "upper class hats", I think. There are many different opinions on this, though.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou