Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a hat like this

d12bn

New in Town
I've been watching the TV show Dirt and like Don Conkey's hat. On the show he says its a vintage hat his father gave him but he wears two that are the same but different colors, so it looks new to me.
Anyway it has me looking at hats and I found this forum and thought I would ask what style would you call it and where I might find something similar.

Thanks
hat.jpg

art92101

One of the Regulars
Makins hats

Over priced but lots of people buy them, (trendoids); usually because they don't know better. I have seen them at the Nordstroms Dept. store in the $150 to $200 range. However, I have also seen them at Nordstrom's Rack (their discount outlet) priced from $15 to $40 bucks. Same hat just a season or two old.
Makins quality is fair, trendiness is their cachet.
Pay attention here on the lounge and you will learn how to get a fine vintage or decent current hat without getting ripped off. Know your hat size.

art92101

One of the Regulars
The Conkey Hat

I have a similar colored hat, vintage from resistol that I bought for $10 bucks from some Sisters of Mercy seller on Ebay. It has a better weave and an excellent leather sweat band. You don't want buy a Makins with a cotton ribbon sweat band.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dunno?

Jerekson said:
What is going on here, exactly? Did we offend him?

maybe because there wasn't more evident enthusiasm over the opportunity to spend :eek: three c-notes :eek: on a lid made of shiny leather strips... I like beef jerky as much as the next guy but I don't want a hat made from it!

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
d12bn said:
I've been watching the TV show Dirt and like Don Conkey's hat. On the show he says its a vintage hat his father gave him but he wears two that are the same but different colors, so it looks new to me.
Anyway it has me looking at hats and I found this forum and thought I would ask what style would you call it and where I might find something similar.

Thanks
hat.jpg

Posting of live auctions is not allowed, and for the record to date I have never been a seller on any auction site. That having been said, if a person was inclined to go to that auction site and do a search on lets say SILVER and STRAW and STETSON, one might find a chapeau similar to the one you are inquiring about.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Check Out Cubavera

Cubavera makes similar style hats for about twenty-four bucks. The tag reads "100% paper." Others claim it's actually a hemp fabric. I picked up a dark striped style along Venice Speedway here in Southern California. Nice topper. Light weight. Stylish. Great for the sun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot