Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOST WORLDS Russet Color Horsehide - Any Advice?

nabottle

A-List Customer
I'm thinking of buying a Lost Worlds Ryder or Suburban in Russet. However, I have a problem. I've seen many photos of their Russet Horsehide, but the colors are drastically different. Some look more like a dark reddish brown, while others look almost like orange butterscotch. Does anyone won a jacket in this leather and if so, what is the actual color like? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to get a non-black jacket this time.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It would be hard to choose between the Ryder and Suburban jackets and have had my eye on both for awhile, maybe leaning toward the Ryder. Have you contacted LW to request a sample of their russet horsehide?

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
The russet horsehide on my Lost Worlds B-2 looks like a milk chocolate color. There is a little bit of redness to it but definitely no yellow or orange color. Underneath the top finish as a very dark seal brown dye through the leather.

My jacket is 5 years old though - their new horsehide may not be the same. I hope this helps you.

Noel

thor

Call Me a Cab
Photos don't always show the true color of leather, especially the russet brown tone.
I own a LW russet brown A-2 and the color is PERFECT!
Not overly reddish nor too dark or flat.
LW is the ONE manufacturer who seems to have gotten the wartime Army Air Corps russet brown color right, IMHO.

nabottle

A-List Customer
Grayland - THANK YOU!!! That is exactly what I needed. I love that tone of russet so much more than some of the photos I've seen of the more orange-looking russet. You've helped me make up my mind.

Jules

New in Town
wot my wife said

Well she told me the closest thing is the colour of milk chocolate so Noel must be right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran