Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

So sorry to hear of the loss of Louie. My daughter has a cat ("Mr. Meepers") who looks just like him and, at 18 years-old and in poor health, may be crossing soon as well. Cats and dogs are a big part of our lives and leave us much too soon.

Thank you for your kind words. Louie was 13, or at least we think he was, and seemed like he was in pretty good shape for his age. He showed no signs of slowing and was still quite active right to the end. Though he did sleep more and always seemed thirsty so we think it may have been kidney failure but we'll never know because when sick animals will often conceal it.

The day before Louie seemed like his usual self. That night he ran to the door wanting to go outside as he had done many times before. Usually when letting him out I would just close the door but this time I went outside with him and saw him walking along the bushes in the front yard. Also he would go out for a short time and then come in through my window in the backyard. But when he didn't come in I got worried and went out in the backyard where I expected to find him but didn't see him.

I found Louie the next morning on the front lawn just eight or ten feet from where I last saw him suggesting that he most likely passed shortly after he went out. It just won't be the same without him. Everywhere I look I have some memory of Louie. The hardest part is that of anyone he was probably the closest to me, even more than many people.

Thank you, Louie, for the ten years you were with me.

Last edited:

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
So sorry for your loss, V.C. Losing a long time friend is devastating.

Earlier this month we had to say goodbye to my cat, Oswald. He was 9 years old and I'd had him since he was 3.
Ozzy2.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I found Louie the next morning on the front lawn just eight or ten feet from where I last saw him suggesting that he most likely passed shortly after he went out. It just won't be the same without him. Everywhere I look I have some memory of Louie. The hardest part is that of anyone he was probably the closest to me, even more than many people.

Thank you, Louie, for the ten years you were with me.
Such a sad loss, I do hope that you find comfort reminiscing the ten years that Louie shared with you.

My sister-in-law passed away a few months ago, her two elderly cats looked doomed and ready for the deadly syringe. We have adopted them, they can see their days out with us. I shall probably get quite attached to them, it always happens.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I'm very sorry for your loss. Pets certainly are one of the most rewarding things in life, and are truly a part of the family!
Indeed they are family, most cats and dogs rule the roost and don't we just love it! We now have two old, 'orphaned' cats. My sister-in-law passed away last April, she lived alone with her two cats. The future of those two felines looked bleak after my sister-in-law died. But, my wife wasn't going to let her sister's cats pop their mortal coil in a vet's surgery at the end of a syringe, so now we have two geriatric cats and I am forever shovelling sh*t out of their litter trays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner