Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LUFTWAFFE jackets - Eagles who Dare to Wear..!

Paden

Vendor
We are interesting in this jackets, because we are like the style of that time.
For the future, you will see more from us.

Regards,

Ingo

Edward

Bartender
FWIW..... I see on ebay today that the German-based Noble House people are now selling a black 'luftwaffe' jacket in the double-breasted, button style. It looks superb, though I would be wary given the reported experience of others on the FL viz quality not being as good as the likes of, say, Aero.

boyorastroboy

Familiar Face
Edward said:
FWIW..... I see on ebay today that the German-based Noble House people are now selling a black 'luftwaffe' jacket in the double-breasted, button style. It looks superb, though I would be wary given the reported experience of others on the FL viz quality not being as good as the likes of, say, Aero.

I've heard nothing good about Noble House's product, unfortunately. I think someone mentioned that their service is good, though. It does look like a decent copy of the original jacket they depict beneath it, but seems to differ substantially from HJM's jacket. Photos of his jacket seem to only show one row of buttons when closed, a jacket with a shorter waist, and buckles on the cuffs. Is anyone aware of a more reputable (quality-wise) seller making a better copy of HJM's jacket?

dmcburn75

New in Town
Eastman Luftwaffe Jacket

Hello all,

I am deciding if I will purchase a Eastman Luftwaffe Jacket. Does anyone have any pictures, preferably wearing this jacket? If you could comment on the quality and how long it took to receive too, I'd really appreciate it. Many thanks in advance!

-Danny

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
secret society should stay secreT!

as i mentioned, i had first hand experience with noble house, or 'secret.society' as their ebay name is...

their 'hartmann' black ww2 luftwaffe jacket seemed to have sleeves that were a bit tight and short for the large size i got, though arguably and honestly i must say there have been some descriptions that describe the original ww2 hartmann style luftwaffe jackets as having slightly short and tight sleeves...

be that as it may, and was, the quality and build of the close to $400 hartmann jacket i purchased was equal, very honestly, to the quality of a mid-range jacket maker's piece that would be on the $50 to $100 rack...

i've purchased wilson sale rack jackets for under $100 that were much superiour in quality to what i got from noble house/secret.society...not that it was bad or poor quality, with seams not sewn fully, or something such as that, but just very generic cow leather and mediocre shape/build quality...something akin to what you'd get with an off the rack $70 suit...just something that you can see in the cut and shape of the thing...

while the communication and customer service was very prompt and courteous, and they did refund my purchase price, i had to pay virtually all of the original shipping charges, which were significant, and then the very significant shipping charges back to them...while their emails and promptness was great, i find it shameful to sell one of the most generic mid-range products i've come across at premium level prices...like having to pay $5 for a cup of drip brewed folgers pre-ground coffee...with powdered creamer

johnnyjohnny

Edward

Bartender
I've long been of the opinion that a WW2 repro jacket that costs twice the price of a contemporary product isn't necessarily twice as good as a garment - inevitably, part of the premium we pay for our repros goes on the time and effort put into creating an accurate (subject to opinion, often!) replica of a historical piece, which sells to a niche market.

That said, from your description I wouldn't buy Noble House myself - I do believe with repro jackets that it is worth waiting and buying something a little better. BTW, has anyone ever seen a Magnoli leather in person? Photos I've seen of the jackets Indy produces look fantastic; if they're as good in person as in a photo that might be an option if you have photos of a specific Luftwaffe jacket you'd like to see recreated.

redbaron

New in Town
Noble House Jacket

THIS IS A QUITE POLEMIC STATEMENT
THE HARTMAN JACKET I GOT, IS EXTREMLY NICE IN THE LEATHER QUALITY AND THE
FITTING IS GOOD AND VERY FASHIONABLE.
PRICE VALUE IS EXTREMLY GOOD.. HAVE SEEN JACKETS SIMILAR AND BETTER FROM OTHER SUPPLIERS... B U T 4 TIMES AS EXPENSIV...
IT DOES NOT MAKE SENCE TO PAY FORTUNES TO GET GOOD QUALITY JACKETS..

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
sNoopy vs. TheRedBaron

re: Noble House Jacket
"THIS IS A QUITE POLEMIC STATEMENT"
--RedBaron

i may be just a humble beagle on a dog house vs. you, the great RedBaron, but i have to say, my review of the noblehouse 'hartmann' luftwaffe jacket i got was anything but polemic...they were rather nice to me aside from not at least giving me back half my expensive shipping cost from germany, so i had no bone to pick

but quite honestly, and indeed my humble point of view, the quality was on a par with what i've gotten with leather jackets for $100 on sale at wilson's here in the u.s. of a....and certainly way less than leather jackets i've gotten at, for instance, american eagle outfitters for $300 or so...

at $390 the noblehouse jacket was like comparing a hyundai santa fe SUV with a range rover if they were charging a range rover price for the santa fe...the noblehouse jacket (in my opinion, and i've bought some 30 mil leather jackets and have some sense of quality) is out of it's league charging that price...on quality alone...

as for it's authenticity, the problem is that the real luftwaffe ww2 jackets were (from what i've seen) very high quality pieces to begin with...so i don't know how a mid-range quality product can pretend to faithfully reproduce something that's much more expensive in quality...like those fiberglass kit cars using vw frames to approximate a real ford cobra

it is nice that you like it, but i was giving my honest opinion of the jacket qualitywise, and thus repro wise...however, as said, the noble house folks were nice, but i inevitably gave a negative feedback on ebay...the shipping was too expensive not to have given me at least half back on the jacket given, what i thought to be, a gross misrepresentation on quality...also, the sleeves were too small for it being a size large, though i don't bring that up here except in passing because it's arguable that LF jackets of the time period may have in fact had short/tight sleeves...

but on quality and price, i'd say noblehouse's luftwaffe should be grounded

sincerely, not polemically,
johnnyjohnny

Paden

Vendor
Again, when you pay for Mercedes, you will get a premium car.
If you pay for Renault, you will get a good car............for the money, but no Mercedes.
Also I know you they produce in england and where the leather comes from.
But I do not know how noble house produces in south america, under what condition and sozial rules the machinist has to make the jacket.
Eastman you can go and visite, Aero, too.
That also part of a value of a jacket.

And for me - i'm really not being an asshole or in any way false on this point - the homoerotic aspect is a huge part of the draw to these jackets.

HartmannMertians.jpg

bk

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Luftwaffe jacket? Only good ones were the ones shot full of British and American bullet holes.

"Never in the field of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few."
-Churchill

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
johnnyjohnny said:
...weLL Baron, it certainly is for the twO guys in that picture

???? How's that?
Because we have two men sitting together? Or is it the fact that one of them has a naked breast? Or that they both happen to be blonde?
Or is it the leatherthing???
To me this picture - or this situation - has been seen in thousands of other warphotos (US marines in Okinawa, Dessertrats in Sahara...whatever.)
Nobody has ever mentioned anything about homoerotic there - so please enlighten me. Why this one?

I know this is totally:eek:fftopic: - but you started it;)

krasno35

Familiar Face
Hello All,

I've for sale a very nice Lemercier made Luftwaffe Flying jacket (winter pattern sheepskin-leather) in the classifieds threads. by far the best ever seen. Was bought through Doursoux's store years ago, before they made a cheapest (595€!!) one.
feel free to contact me for pics.
Cheers
Jerome

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Gosh the homo-erotic nature of Luftwaffe flying jackets, whatever will they think of next?

Mölders as the biker one out of The Village People perhaps...

My homo-erotic radar must be on the Fritz :eek:

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
1238.gif

Yes.
jOhnnYjoHnny is milking it but he may be milking the wrong goat.

Perhaps the good Baron could explain, for the benefit of the wider audience,
his use of the term.

I believe he *may* be using the term, "homoerotic" in a sense that may be quite vague, or nuanced, for some readers.

But whatever his meaning is-
The "Male" can be "Romanticised", without implicit, or explicit sexual overtone.
Any perception of implicit or explicit sexual reference here, is individual and surely specific to context and culture
(of the target, group- us, here).

I don't believe we are operating within a Homosexual context or culture, here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1386.gif

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic