Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Gannon #3 arrived Friday. Steamed a bash into it and wore it to the pub that night and around town most of Saturday. This one might be favorite yet. Although I'm still very fond of my whiskey (the hat, as well as the beverage) and dark moss, this one seems to be pounced finer than the others, and I think the bone felt is more versatile.

At any rate, my initial intention for #3 was to clone Rodolfo's, which I fell in love with at first sight. Although I had to go with with a 1 3/4" medium brown ribbon, instead of Rodolfo's 2" rust brown ribbon, the end result does not disappoint. Cheers to Mr. Gannon for his impeccable craftsmanship, and for his dedication to customer service.

_DSC1566-sm.jpg
_DSC1567-sm.jpg
_DSC1568-sm.jpg
_DSC1569-sm.jpg
_DSC1570-sm.jpg
_DSC1575-sm.jpg

SurfGent

Suspended
Gannon #3 arrived Friday. Steamed a bash into it and wore it to the pub that night and around town most of Saturday. This one might be favorite yet. Although I'm still very fond of my whiskey (the hat, as well as the beverage) and dark moss, this one seems to be pounced finer than the others, and I think the bone felt is more versatile.

At any rate, my initial intention for #3 was to clone Rodolfo's, which I fell in love with at first sight. Although I had to go with with a 1 3/4" medium brown ribbon, instead of Rodolfo's 2" rust brown ribbon, the end result does not disappoint. Cheers to Mr. Gannon for his impeccable craftsmanship, and for his dedication to customer service.

View attachment 55289 View attachment 55290 View attachment 55291 View attachment 55292 View attachment 55293 View attachment 55294
The ribbon arrangement is awesome I like the contrast on the bow

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Great hat, congrats KY! Impeccable workmanship, Michael. Nicely bashed, too, KY. (I haven't figured out how to do it that way yet.)
I'm a rank amateur in the bashing department, but thanks for your comments. Bashing is not rocket science, but it does take a little practice: You should check out the Monster Bash thread--it's full of good stuff. About 8 months ago, when I realized that I had became a hat addict, I bit the bullet and bought a Jiffy Steamer (around $100), which I highly recommend.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
It's the hat posted above by KY Crusader (and previously by Rodolfo) that is really getting to me. Bone or Silvermist with a 1-3/4" ribbon with that triple highlight on the know of the bow. I love it.

I don't need my crown quite that high. KY: what are the spec's on your hat if you don't mind me asking? Open crown height vs. creased crown height?

And I'm thinking of a raw brim. It just looks cleaner to me... unless you guys can talk me out of it. I do like the contrast of the matching felt and brim treatment too.

Ribbon color: I'm wanting to go with dark wine.. with highlights from L to R, wine-navy-bone-navy-wine on the knot of the bow.

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
It's the hat posted above by KY Crusader (and previously by Rodolfo) that is really getting to me. Bone or Silvermist with a 1-3/4" ribbon with that triple highlight on the know of the bow. I love it.

I don't need my crown quite that high. KY: what are the spec's on your hat if you don't mind me asking? Open crown height vs. creased crown height?

And I'm thinking of a raw brim. It just looks cleaner to me... unless you guys can talk me out of it. I do like the contrast of the matching felt and brim treatment too.

Ribbon color: I'm wanting to go with dark wine.. with highlights from L to R, wine-navy-bone-navy-wine on the knot of the bow.

Fed: I think you would be pleased with anything your ordered from Mr. Gannon. I do think the ones he created for Rodolfo (aka Chamuco) and me turned out extremely well, although there are many others posted here that are just a nice.

As for the specs: mine is a 5 1/2" open crown height, 2 5/8" brim width, brim bound with a 3/8" sand ribbon.

IMHO, I think the bone felt looks terrific with brown-hued ribbons, if you're looking for a contrast. If you're interested in a wine ribbon, I think slivermist felt would be a better choice...check out Fruno's Gannon (listings #564 and #571 of this thread) for that particular combo.

Keep us posted if you order something.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Cindy , Has Daniel got his , yet ?
No..I am going to have to wait until it is closer to Christmas on a hat from Gannon...I wanted to swap around getting a hat from Alley Kat first then a hat for myself from Ester and then have Daniel's Christmas present be a hat from Gannon. It will be very hard to decide on what to have made by Gannon as most of all the hats he has made makes you want to have "one each please"....but then it is about how we feel about Alley Kats hats....they are all just far too tempting and to have to add into the mix a hats from Ester....geez....what direction for thinking is up next??!!! Haha!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn