Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maidenform Bras

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
I thought you girls may enjoy these...and I sure hope this is allowed in here!!

I've always adored these ads, and gosh, they're so bizzare!!! When I first saw these I laughed hysterically, and then was thrilled when I found out that there was a whole line of these ads. I believe they started in the early 50's and ran until the late 60's. Every one of these ads begins with "I dreamed I..." and from the looks of it, at the beginning of the ads they were just cute little sayings like the ad below "I dreamed I played chess in my maiden form bra" etc. , and as they got more comfortable and creative with their ads they started tying the tag lines in with the pictures like another ad below "I dreamed I stopped them in their tracks in my Maidenform Bra". And keep in mind, these are only ten ads, you can find SO many of these on the internet and in old magazines, and some of them are just so odd!

Enjoy!! And if this post is inappropriate, please let me know and I will be sure to delete it.

72153009_4aedfe40ec.jpg

17447.jpg

26_1_b.jpg

iwasbewitching.jpg

35472.jpg

30159.jpg

maidenform2.jpg

One of my personal favorites (above)

34398.jpg

Rumor is, that picture (above) is of a young Jayne Mansfield, I don't know how much I actually believe that, but thats up to you girls to decide. This also happens to be one of my favorite ones.

62maid.jpg

0b_1_b.jpg

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Ha! Those are spectacular!

I think my favorite on is the last one--ruffled PANTS! In front of a train. Well, what else would one wear?

I think that TV show "America's Next Top Model" could do a nice riff off of these ads.

Thanks for sharing Madison!

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
RetroModelSari said:
Awww..... I love those! Those crazy advertisers!!! Someone should make a book featuring all of those!!!

You know, they actually just made a calender full of these!! I squeeled in excitment when I saw it!

Miss Dottie said:
I think that TV show "America's Next Top Model" could do a nice riff off of these ads.

Oh my gosh, That would be amazing. Except they'd probably put some lame modern twist on them, but still, that would be so wonderful. I want to remake them!!!

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Haha! I've seen that one in a magazine, but couldn't find it online!! My favorite thing about all of these ads, is that not only are they just so weird, but in every picture, they're fully clothed, accessories and all, and just missing a shirt. They're just done so well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany