Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maltese Falcon Crease

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
Yeah, the diamond bash really suits it, due I’m sure to the relatively high open crown. The angles are much more slick and sharp than on anything factory shaped and the inevitable asymmetry gives a nice human touch. I wish I was talented enough to make the brim symmetrical and reflange it into a snap brim, but that was beyond me so a simple trim it was and I think it still gives the right look.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, the diamond bash really suits it, due I’m sure to the relatively high open crown. The angles are much more slick and sharp than on anything factory shaped and the inevitable asymmetry gives a nice human touch. I wish I was talented enough to make the brim symmetrical and reflange it into a snap brim, but that was beyond me so a simple trim it was and I think it still gives the right look.
All of my favorite hats have creases that are organic/asymmetrical. Symmetry is highly overrated. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner