Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Many thanks and best wishes to Fedora!

Arctichighlandr

New in Town
I just read that Fedora is leaving this forum. I wanted to extend my thanks to him for his time on this site and the tremendous amount of help and information that he had provided to this forum.

Whenever I have done a search of this site for information on one topic or another almost invariably you were there with a friendly helpful detailed and informative post.

To me, you more than any other single individual, helped make this a forum worth visiting and digging into. There probably is no single individual who has contributed more to this forum than you. I will sorely miss having you here. My highest regards and warmest wishes to you Steve!

Marc

Vendor
It saddens me, to see one of my best friends leave this place, as I honestly believe that it won't be the same without him!

Steve has been one of the rare people spilling out each and every bean when asked so as well as his opinion without being asked ;) He has character in a world where very few people do and has IMHO been a great add over the past years :eusa_clap

High regards,

Marc

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
Special no more

We are moving from a forum of accurate information and assistance to a common chat room, just about hats.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Tommy Fedora said:
We are moving from a forum of accurate information and assistance to a common chat room, just about hats.

Not true. Hats are central to the Fedora Lounge, but this place is certainly not "just about hats" ... and the "information and assistance" here regarding other things, such as golden era clothing and accessories, is indeed "accurate". Your comment insults the intelligence of the people here.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I think what Tommy means is that the hat section is suffering the loss of certain members and aspects that put it a cut above your average chatroom. That said, the "Hats" section is an industry-based subject, and people have come to rely on it for sound advice from ameteurs AND professionals that have plenty of references immediately on hand to vouch for them. I don't know how all of this stuff really went down, but if a gent like Fedora can be chased off, I have to call into question the spirit in which certain rules were decided on. Which is to say, what are we accompishing here? I dare say our conversations ABOUT Fedora and the others do more for their business than their links do. So, why not outlaw discussion of all vendors except on the vendor section? Or ban it altogether? Of course, I think that would drive more than just vendors away.

Don't get me wrong. I've never seen MK be unfair about something with my own eyes. But I think it's important that we all stop and question things, and the direction that we are going in. I get this funny feeling in my gut that certain people are being politely and quietly pushed away as of late, and that, as some contributions disappear, the forum is getting less interesting, less informative (I've noticed a lot more questions going unanswered, and if so, with less certainty), and less of a resource for find good information and good HATS. I do not say this about the other sections of this site because I don't frequent them. I just notice that this section is becoming less focused and useful. Without passing judgement, I simply encourage everyone to think about what this latest "upheaval" is indicative of.

NB

PS: Sorry to see you go, Steve.

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
Not my intention to insult.

Not-Bogart13 said:
I think what Tommy means is that the hat section is suffering the loss of certain members and aspects that put it a cut above your average chatroom. That said, the "Hats" section is an industry-based subject, and people have come to rely on it for sound advice from ameteurs AND professionals that have plenty of references immediately on hand to vouch for them. I don't know how all of this stuff really went down, but if a gent like Fedora can be chased off, I have to call into question the spirit in which certain rules were decided on. Which is to say, what are we accompishing here? I dare say our conversations ABOUT Fedora and the others do more for their business than their links do. So, why not outlaw discussion of all vendors except on the vendor section? Or ban it altogether? Of course, I think that would drive more than just vendors away.

Don't get me wrong. I've never seen MK be unfair about something with my own eyes. But I think it's important that we all stop and question things, and the direction that we are going in. I get this funny feeling in my gut that certain people are being politely and quietly pushed away as of late, and that, as some contributions disappear, the forum is getting less interesting, less informative (I've noticed a lot more questions going unanswered, and if so, with less certainty), and less of a resource for find good information and good HATS. I do not say this about the other sections of this site because I don't frequent them. I just notice that this section is becoming less focused and useful. Without passing judgement, I simply encourage everyone to think about what this latest "upheaval" is indicative of.

NB

PS: Sorry to see you go, Steve.

Thanks.

Michaelson

One Too Many
For those who want to peek in, you can still find him posting at COW in the fedora section. You don't have to be a member to read them there either.

Regards! Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou