Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mark Moye - Columbia, SC Police Dept.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I just got a call from the police in Columbia, SC who had looked into the Mark Moye/Aero USA matter. It appeared it was going to be a civil matter rather than a criminal matter and that they didn't think it would make fiscal sense for me to travel down to Columbia, SC. He wasn't trying to talk me out of it, just letting me know that the costs would probably outweigh any monies I may get in return. To be honest, I didn't pay as much attention to what the officer was saying as I should have as I was reimbursed pretty quickly by Paypal.

Good to know that while the wheels of justice turn slowly, they do turn.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Any explanation as to why it's just a civil matter? From the chat on the FL, it would seem an out and out case of fraud.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I do recall the officer saying that the people in Scotland weren't going to pay to come to Columbia, SC and fight it in court - so maybe they were looking into more than just the ebay/paypal issues.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Very interesting. I certainly hope it's still a criminal matter. That guy needs to go away behind bars for awhile.
Thanks for the update Grayland.
Anyone have any info regarding the progress of the investigation of the previous MD and others @ Aero?

Regards,
coffee

tonypaj

Practically Family
Any explanation as to why it's just a civil matter? From the chat on the FL, it would seem an out and out case of fraud.

I have no idea if this, or any of the Aero stuff, is a civil case or a criminal one. However, I would never base my opinion on 'the chat" here or anywhere on the net. Too little information for my taste.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I have no idea if this, or any of the Aero stuff, is a civil case or a criminal one. However, I would never base my opinion on 'the chat" here or anywhere on the net. Too little information for my taste.

Well, that, and speaking to the people at Aero.

Last edited:
Well...the obvious information from quite a few members here strongly suggests that jacket deposits and even full payments were pocketed with customer orders not even submitted to Aero(Scotland)by Mark Moye. Other additional info came from Aero themselves. All very believable. Only why..and what all was involved is still the mystery.
HD

tonypaj

Practically Family
Well...the obvious information from quite a few members here strongly suggests that jacket deposits and even full payments were pocketed with customer orders not even submitted to Aero(Scotland)by Mark Moye. Other additional info came from Aero themselves. All very believable. Only why..and what all was involved is still the mystery.
HD

I'll just quote a movie script here...

Mr. Fennyman, allow me to explain about the theatre business. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.
"So what do we do?"
Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.
"How?"
I don't know. It's a mystery.

I prefer not to speculate, but trust the mystery.

D

Deleted member 16736

You can sue him in civil court and request punitive damages, I think.

Foster

One of the Regulars
Sorry to hear that he was defrauding people. I dealt with him in 2007/2008 with no problems, and had no idea of these matters until I joined the FL. Sad to read about, the folks at Aero have been dealing with dishonesty on numerous fronts. I am glad they're not letting it stop them from moving ahead and continuing to make fantastic products.

Sorry to hear that he was defrauding people. I dealt with him in 2007/2008 with no problems, and had no idea of these matters until I joined the FL. Sad to read about, the folks at Aero have been dealing with dishonesty on numerous fronts. I am glad they're not letting it stop them from moving ahead and continuing to make fantastic products.

Yeah..especially with Ken Calder forced out of retirement after suffering a severe heart attack a few years ago. Alot to deal with for sure.
HD

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Yeah..especially with Ken Calder forced out of retirement after suffering a severe heart attack a few years ago. Alot to deal with for sure.
HD

Gad. Didn't know Ken's health wasn't the best.

He bent over backward to help me in the Moye affair and again when Lauder et. al. failed to properly process another order this fall. Makes me even angrier for the hell both of them have put him and his family through. And considering there's likely another year of stress as the criminal and civil matters progress through the judicial system, let's all keep him in our thoughts.

He's just an awfully good person.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Gad. Didn't know Ken's health wasn't the best.

He bent over backward to help me in the Moye affair and again when Lauder et. al. failed to properly process another order this fall. Makes me even angrier for the hell both of them have put him and his family through. And considering there's likely another year of stress as the criminal and civil matters progress through the judicial system, let's all keep him in our thoughts.

He's just an awfully good person.

Hear! Hear! And well said.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy