Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matt Deckard Apparel

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

It's kind of like an Oviatt's sportcoat from the early 1950s:

22338_315674793810_642563810_3666041_8265693_n.jpg
sptcoat3.jpg

22338_315674778810_642563810_3666040_6255234_n.jpg
40swndwpnjkt1.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It's just an addition I like. The nice thing is that you can unbutton the piece of material from the collar and actually button it to the inside of your jacket for safe keeping when you don't want it on.

Also, the pockets are unlined so they below out. Fully functional.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Orgetorix said:
To be clear, I think the suit looks great. A number of people have complained here, however, that modern vests have straight, gently pointed bottoms that don't accurately imitate the more curved, acutely pointed bottoms of vintage vests. I was therefore surprised to see such a modern-looking shape on one of Matt's suits, since he's such a fanatic for period detail. If he's deliberately aped the Oviatt model, I have no problem with that.

--Crabby
It definitely has the curve. Current make vests mostly do not; nor do they usually treat you to all 4 pockets. They are, pardon the expression, vestigial.

ddcronk

New in Town
Some more photos for discussion

This is my Matt Deckard suit. I've had it for a while now, and I'm still trying to formulate a proper review.
HPIM1467.jpg
HPIM1469.jpg
HPIM1472.jpg

Just to give a bit of perspective, I'm 6'5", 185 lbs, and probably not the easiest guy in the world to fit.

ddcronk

New in Town
I just realized, Matt, this is the first opportunity you've had to actually see it on me. As you can see (and as Indy has testified) you nailed the look pretty well.

Dan

3PieceSuitGuy

One of the Regulars
Vest pics please

ddcronk said:
This is my Matt Deckard suit. I've had it for a while now, and I'm still trying to formulate a proper review.
HPIM1467.jpg
HPIM1469.jpg
HPIM1472.jpg

Just to give a bit of perspective, I'm 6'5", 185 lbs, and probably not the easiest guy in the world to fit.

Can we see the suit without the jacket buttoned so we can see the vest & trouser details?

Thanks & regards,

Peter

GBR

One of the Regulars
3PieceSuitGuy said:
Can we see the suit without the jacket buttoned so we can see the vest & trouser details?

Thanks & regards,

Peter
Perhaps without the jacket being worn at all to show off the splendour of MD offerings.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MATT-MEN...

I immediately thought of 1960's MADMEN , or should that be MATTMEN.

Really oozes 60's sleek, and 'yes' has that iconic Connery feel to it (or Don Draper).

You're notching the decades up there Matt, from the 40's to the 50's and now into the swinging 60's..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner