Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Melrose Diner Clock (It's arrived, and I have pictures)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I bought this gem on the bay. Taken down from the Melrose in the '70s. It should be here soon...

5877_1-1.jpg

5f07_1-1.jpg

splash_masthead.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Here's the listing copy from the clock.

Own a piece of Philadelphia History. This is the original clock from the Melrose Diner is South Philly. This clock was put in the diner when it was built in the 50's. It was taken down in the early 70's when art work was added, this clock was in storage until just recently. Wether you are a clock collector or a collector of Diner memorabilia this is a one of a kind must have piece. The best part is that this clock still works. The clock is 22" square.

This clock was made by Paramount Diner, Inc out of Haledon NJ. This company designed the stainless steel structures for old fashioned diners. This clock was included in the original design of the Melrose diner.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_6006.jpg

See the mural over the counter? Thats where the clock used to be.

Here's two Paramount clocks I've seen in diners.

271-7123_IMG1.jpg

268-6877_IMG.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'd love to have another diner clock, but they never come up. They're either in a diner, or they've been demolished with the diner.

I like this one.

268-6854_IMG.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot