Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

rikrdo

A-List Customer
FBird: As much as I envied the monster, manly-man stache.......ya look mo better clean shaven. Mucho younger and ready for action !!

Men of the Family

Utah2007030.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I must admit I usually miss this thread but I must say a big well done to Pip.

Looking very, very sharp in all of them.

You look like you should be in 341's dispersal in the last set ;)

Pip

A-List Customer
Hi all,

Darhling - as always, thank you :eek: :D

Smithy - thanks ever so much, means a lot. Eventually, once I've found the SD cap capbadge, 331 Squadron will be aired :) ;)

All the best,
Philip

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Pip said:
Hi all,

Darhling - as always, thank you :eek: :D

Smithy - thanks ever so much, means a lot. Eventually, once I've found the SD cap capbadge, 331 Squadron will be aired :) ;)

All the best,
Philip

:eek:fftopic:

Pip if you want some info on 331 (or any of the Norwegian squadrons) and uniforms PM me. They were quite different in many ways from other European squadrons in the RAF. I can also give you some books to track down which you might find useful.

Pip

A-List Customer
Smithy said:
:eek:fftopic:

Pip if you want some info on 331 (or any of the Norwegian squadrons) and uniforms PM me. They were quite different in many ways from other European squadrons in the RAF. I can also give you some books to track down which you might find useful.

Ahh fabulous, I've sent you a PM :)

freebird

Practically Family
rikrdo said:
FBird: As much as I envied the monster, manly-man stache.......ya look mo better clean shaven. Mucho younger and ready for action !!

Men of the Family

Utah2007030.jpg

Thanks Rikrdo, that baby face was the reason I grew the stache lol. It was really depressing to be 20 and look 15. Was turned down for a date because I looked too young, such is life.

Where was that photo taken? Looks like you're having fun and there's some beautiful scenery behind you.

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
freebird said:
Thanks Rikrdo, that baby face was the reason I grew the stache lol. It was really depressing to be 20 and look 15. Was turned down for a date because I looked too young, such is life.

Now you can use that too your advantage and won't have to complain about women thinking you are too old. It doesn't matter how old you ARE, it's how old they THINK you are! lol

Pip

A-List Customer
Dominic - Absolutely love the effect, photoshop magician? ;)

Well, here's todays installment. Bit bland and uninspiring but compares the USAAF to the RAF in terms of practical flight clothing etc. Rather than completely using wool serge, by 1944 the Americans had adopted a system of layering using electrically heated clothing coupled with alpaca lined cotton clothing. The jacket shown is the B10 flying jacket, with a moulton collar, alpaca lining and a cotton shell with knit cuffs + waistband. The trousers however are the standard 1937 wool (but much nicer wool than used by the British) trousers.

Shall have a slightly more dressy photo for tomorrow :D

Please excuse the squinting lol
USAAFB10086.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats