Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mens 1940s Hair Texas

KAT

A-List Customer
Hi,not sure where to post this and please feel free to move it!
My friend, finally getting out of the military as a Major, is settling down in Texas.
He, now that he can grow out his hair is looking for a place in Texas that is familiar with Mens Vintage HairStyles.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
KAT

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I got a haircut at the Avenue Barber Shop in South Austin. It’s an old-school clip joint (in the best sense of that term) that looks today much as it has for decades, and the men manning the chairs know how to give one an old-school cut to match the setting. I was tended to by the proprietor, Kevin Lemoine, and he did a great job.

avenuebarber2b.jpg

ryanc

Familiar Face
hey KAT! Im not sure where in texas you two are moving to but im located in ft. Worth and have my own salon. Its called Stylistic Emporium. Yes i specialize in mens pre 70s haircuts and styling ill try and attach acouple of my cuts that you can see!

jkingrph

Practically Family
As a former USAF Major myself, been out about 15years now, I would think just about any barber shop could do the job. During my active duty tour, back in the 70's decade and then later reserve duty in the 90's the O club barbers cut my hair the way I had always worn it, which was the way my parents started me out back in the late 40's. All he needs to do is to say what he wants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails