Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN'S PAJAMAS and DRESSING GOWNS

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Fletch said:
No one should have a silk robe who doesn't also have a secure and unimpeachable sense of one's own masculinity, or lack of same.
That's profound.:rolleyes:

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
Get up at 6
Put on flannel robe, bedroom shoes and hat if it's cold
Turn on coffee
Feed Pug
Go down to get paper
Read paper and eat Cheerios
Get dressed sometimes later...I'm retired:)

Elaina

One Too Many
Well, my husband has issues. To that end, I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen him naked in light. Less the number of times I've seen him outside of the bedroom in anything but clothing.

He gets up and has to shower and dress before he will leave the room. Doesn't matter if he's working or not. Before a cigarette, before coffee, and usually before I get told "Good Morning".

kools

Practically Family
1. Wake up 5:45AM
2. Exercise for 15 minutes or so
3. Shower/shave
4. Dress, but reserve the shirt & tie/jacket. I leave the bathroom in pants, shoes & t-shirt.
5. Wake my boys...get them dressed for school (they wear a school uniform) & fed. I eat breakfast with them.
6. Brush teeth & grease hair.
7. Finish dressing...shirt, tie & jacket.

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
I've been making oolong tea (in those itsy bitsy pots) for years, enjoyed from the beginning to the end of the day. Recently, I started drinking coffee again after many years without (painful stomach ulcer :eek: ) Regardless, after putting on some clothes, the t-shirt and pants I took off just before bed the night before, the very first thing I do is boil water. Once I have a cup of tea in hand or the coffee's brewing, in said casual attire, I turn on my computer and try to get my head screwed on straight checking email and the BBC. I work from home as a graphic designer and writer. I'm home most of the day, except those unfortunate days I have errands. At home I wear a t-shirt and jeans or cords, regardless of what I'm doing. I shower in the evening. Showering just after getting out of bed in the morning has always sounded painful to me. I've never worn pajamas to sleep in, nothing for me thank you (or my girl). I don't own a robe but I'd like to get one.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
adamgottschalk said:
I work from home as a graphic designer and writer. I'm home most of the day, except those unfortunate days I have errands. [...] Showering just after getting out of bed in the morning has always sounded painful to me.
I'm with you. The only thing worse than getting in is getting out.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Men's Sleepwear

There has to be better stuff out there then the silly "sleep pants" with the drawstring. Where does one fine better jammies?

Id like to find a robe like this one in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.

blandings-782685.jpg

There's also this great robe Powell wears in a Thin Man:

asta.jpg

Hmmmm, nylon. You'll sweat nice in those!

Go for 100% cotton, Scott. Can't be beat.

Funny, i prefer a drawstring. M & S do some pretty decent pyjamas in 100% cotton. Either drawstring or button at the waist. (obviously you can't get M & S in Ohio, but Penney's or Sears or whomever no doubt do similar things.)

bk

dostacos

Practically Family
I could never get comfortable wearing jammies. I usually wear my underwear and maybe on really cold nights a tee shirt.

even camping out I rarely wear anything but shorts well except snow camps then it is fresh socks and my long johns complete with trap drawers :eek:

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pajamas are just pajamas without any fashion statement. They are utilitarian and functional. You can pick all sorts of gauges of thickness and quality of material for comfort and/or remove the top if desired.

If ya wanna be real era get a night shirt and night cap:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred