Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN'S PAJAMAS and DRESSING GOWNS

Edward

Bartender
vonwotan said:
a nice wool dressing gown with frog and olive closures...

I have an eye on one of these:

Smoking-jacket.jpg

from www.sutlers.co.uk (see ZULU AND BOER WARS LATE VICTORIAN 1879-1901 section of the online shop).

Price: £190.85 / $286.28

Edward

Bartender
BinkieBaumont said:
"Oh, do admit, that is a bit "Over the Top" surely you would need a Shaved head, and a Monocle, to get "Away with it" keep us all posted!

Well, I'm halfway there already.... ;)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Maybe this is the English version.

I am interested to learn how he travels in his nightwear.

Geesie

Practically Family
I don't at home, but for travel I have some nylon tricot from Norm Thompson, as shown in this advertising photograph
21527.jpg

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I have several pairs of pyjamas, and I wear them almost nightly.

None are older than the 1960s, alas, and most are contemporary. The best came from Brooks Brothers.

LordBest

Practically Family
I have some traditional striped cotton pyjamas which I wear at home, too warm to wear them at university, which is unfortunate. Nothing feels more civilised than relaxing in pyjamas, dressing gown and slippers. Perhaps with a glass of port.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
LordBest said:
I have some traditional striped cotton pyjamas which I wear at home, too warm to wear them at university, which is unfortunate. Nothing feels more civilised than relaxing in pyjamas, dressing gown and slippers. Perhaps with a glass of port.

Now you're talking!

I have a few pairs but they tend to only appear in winter or if travelling. Lord Best is right, the height of home decadence is swanning around all day in them and a dressing gown and never getting dressed all day.

I will confess, I have been known to wander down to the local shops in mine (with dressing gown and slippers) to pick up milk for the tea. Nothing annoys me more than getting up in the morning and making a pot of tea and there's no bloody milk! Hence in matters of such emergency I will wear them in public.

Speedbird

A-List Customer
pyjamas are day wear for gentleman and morning after wear for his femme fatale...

cooncatbob said:
I wear sweat pant during cold weather and athletic short in warm weather with either long or short sleeve tee shirts.

although what you actually sleep in is the question here.... pyjamas should not be confused with a gentlemans' bedwear per se... they are the ultimate decadence and coolness for just being lazy in ... or convalescing in hospitals (though there is precious little chance of that these days!). Really, anything other than actual wearing in bed for sleep is preferable for pj's!

The true greatness of pyjamas is apparent when your femme fatale, dare I say, wears your pyjama jacktet in the morning ..... can there be anything better or sexier than that? oh mais oui, ma belle nuit, ma belle de jour, ma belle noire....:p

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Speedbird said:
No, what you actually sleep in is not the question here.... pyjamas are the ultimate decadence and coolness for just being lazy in ...
This is true. I wear PJ's and robes as lounge wear but usually sleep in the buff. I usually choose cotton or linen in the warmer months and silk in the cooler months.

Cotton:

Shoes557.jpg

Silk:

Shoes547.jpg

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Five years ago we visited friends in Palm Springs for Christmas and went to see the then-just-out movie, Polar Express, at the IMAX theater. The following year, it was announced we would all be watching Polar Express with cocoa & cookies on Christmas Eve after the party ended and before going to bed. It took me days running all over town from mall to mall to hit Target and Macy to get flannel PJs for everyone, and each in different retro patterns. Shortly thereafter, Target bought the Nick-and-Nora company (and all their retro PJ patterns) and buried the entire line. But in winter, I've got the flannels on.

My wife has a few pairs of flannel pajamas that she wears when the weather gets chilly ("chilly" being a relative term, since we live in southern California). Me, I can't wear 'em; the most I'll wear to bed is a baggy sleeveless tee shirt and some form of loose athletic shorts. For each of us, it's obviously a matter of comfort--she tends to be cold, I tend to be warm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn