Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN'S PAJAMAS and DRESSING GOWNS

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Bump (if need be). Ah, Derek Rose has a gorgeous cashmere gown for only L19999. Sigh, so luxurious... If the gentleman had this, what paramour wouldn't want to sleep in it with him- ahem, meaning both otherwise unclothed laying skin to skin with it draped over them both?? Dreamy...

David V said:
Derek Rose in the UK still make silk dressing gowns as well as their more mundane brother, the robe.

http://www.derek-rose.com/category.aspx?categoryID=5&startpage=0

stevechasmar

New in Town
I have to agree on the coolness of smoking jackets. I especially like the Chinese-made ones from the 1920s and 30s. On ebay I bought a silk smoking jacket made in 1920s Shanghai. The name and address of the tailor are on the label. Shanghai and Hong Kong had the superior tailors back then. I should say though that I wouldn't buy anything made in China after 1949.

Japanese-made smoking jackets from the 1950s and 60s look similar but I don't care for the shape of the collars or the piping.

A few years back I bought some vintage pajamas on ebay. The background color is some old shade of blue that I don't think is used anymore.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I just remembered I had these photos from a while back before I found the cord for my camera.

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0400.jpg

and just for fun, here is a bad pic of me wearing the robe.

Photo230.jpg

Any ideas as to the date? Thoughts in general about it?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I ran across a vintage mens long nightshirt the other day. Red and white striped. Large. Brand: Diplomat. Good clean condition. Not sure of actual age. The kind of thing you'd see with just the stocking cap and slippers as accompaniment. Think anyone would want it if I bought it and hocked it here on the TFL Classifieds? Re-enactors of some sort maybe?...

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Foofoogal said:
every gentleman needs a good pair of pajamas and robe in case he ends up in the hospital. :)
...and his trusty fedora, should the nursing staff be as kind as that which I was fortunate enough to encounter.

SSPX0095-CROP.jpg

Slim Portly said:
...and his trusty fedora, should the nursing staff be as kind as that which I was fortunate enough to encounter.
No nattily-dressed E.R. patient should be without one.

Cody_06-16-08.jpg

My son in June, 2008. The nursing staff wasn't necessarily "kind" per se, they just didn't care. :cool2:

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"This the new Dressing Gown, its Canadian and labeled "majestic" supposedly 1960's dead stock and certainly in mint condition

4556984541_1b5f5e94e8.jpg

4559307914_cfac741dcc.jpg

"My smoking Jacket in heavy Satin in a "Olde Gold" colour , labeled "Roytex, ( for modern living) with a subtle "Deco Design, Im glad that they both have Black Collars and cuffs, just need to get Black satin Pyjamas"

4556984325_54fd4356e5.jpg

4558678255_d490b83654.jpg

The flash has changed the colour it is in fact Gold as in the main photograph

cco23i said:
I have about 4 plain nightshirts and love them as they are so comfortable.

Scott

I have about the same number. I use them in summer and sometimes in winter. I find pajamas constricting. [huh]
There are likely a few pictures of me around here in some of my smoking jackets. I wore a few (the smoking jackets not the night shirts) at the QM event last week. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy