Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN'S PAJAMAS and DRESSING GOWNS

Moby

Familiar Face
Sorry guys. Real men never wear pajamas. Real men don't wear slippers either. PeeWee Herman always wore pajamas and slippers and look how he turned out!:p

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Moby said:
Real men never wear pajamas. Real men don't wear slippers either.
I've a feeling that by your way of thinking real men don't bathe either. lol

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
Moby said:
Sorry guys. Real men never wear pajamas.

That so? ;)

bogiespajamasthemaltesebw0.jpg

David V

A-List Customer
Moby said:
Sorry guys. Real men never wear pajamas. Real men don't wear slippers either. PeeWee Herman always wore pajamas and slippers and look how he turned out!:p

but if kept on his pajamas and slippers he would have not gotten into of that kind of trouble.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Just bought from Ebay.

I was lucky enough to get this Buy It Now...a silk dressing gown once from a classic Beverly Hills store....

wel1.jpg

wel3.jpg

wel4.jpg

It will be perfect for New Year's House Party!

Special thanks to Lounger MarkL for his help in accessing this dressing gown.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I bought a robe on eBay that is sort of interesting.

I'm intrigued by several aspects of it. First, the pockets are inset (I don't know the correct tailoring term), not the patch pockets one generally sees on men's robes.

Second, it's sort of high-waisted, if you will -- the loops through which the sash goes are set very high.

And the sash has two small buttons that attach to hidden buttonholes on those loops, which keeps the sash in place even when the robe's not being worn.

I also like the hidden button (see the picture below) that keeps the robe closed.

It also has very high, small armholes; it's a snug (though not uncomfortable) fit when I'm wearing long-sleeved pajamas.

I think this robe may have been new/old stock, and I've included scans of the tag that came with it below. Can anyone help date the robe based on the look of it and the info on the tag?

velvalon1.jpg
velvalon2.jpg
velvalon3.jpg
velvalon5.jpg

velvalon4.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
skyvue said:
And the sash has two small buttons that attach to hidden buttonholes on those loops, which keeps the sash in place even when the robe's not being worn.

I also like the hidden button (see the picture below) that keeps the robe closed.
I have a 60's Charvet robe (from my father) with the same buttoning features; they should be included in all robes.

BTW, the belt does sit a little too high. You could probably have a tailor lower it, for a nominal charge.

3PieceSuitGuy

One of the Regulars
Again a topic close to my heart. I love pajamas and robes/dressing gowns and wear them in the winter mostly. On mild nights I will wear long cotton pj's but in the Aussie summer boxers and a tee are the go. There is nothing as luxurious as a robe & pj's on a cold morning. You look well dressed even though you've just rolled out of bed!

Cheers

Peter

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Moby said:
Sorry guys. Real men never wear pajamas. Real men don't wear slippers either. PeeWee Herman always wore pajamas and slippers and look how he turned out!

Tomasso said:
I've a feeling that by your way of thinking real men don't bathe either. lol

Vampyre Master said:
One should always be elegant even in bed!!!
Vampyre

lol :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap And could also be a case of "real men sleep alone" perhaps?

And PeeWee in the movies, wearing pajamas, always ended up with the hot chick. I suspect he's a no-PJ's type in real life and look how THAT turned out. :eusa_doh: ;) lol

Schofields

Familiar Face
beacon robes

is there a close alternative around today for these? i love the patterning of these robes and id love to get my hands on one or at least something pretty close.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gent's vintage bed-time wear (Let's see your robes and Jim-Jams chaps!)

I recently picked up a pair of 30's/40's gentlemen's pyjamas (Jim-Jams, Jammies, PJ's..etc). Retailed through Harrods of London no-less ;) Classic jacket and pants with a string pull around the pants (just like the old rugger shorts at school used to have!).
The robe/dressing gown, is made by Tootal of England (those chaps make rather dashing Cravats/Ascots too!).
In lieu of a bedtime cap, I have my Breton Beret, hee-haw..hee-haw!!

So let's see what other gentlemen wear as they lounge with a hot cocoa or a 'wee dram' before heading off to the Land-of-Nod..!! :eusa_clap

BEDWEAR001-1.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Nice PJs. I've been debating purchasing a few pairs from the Vintage Shirt company - they produce something very similar for in and around £30. For now, I mostly have the modern equivalent - very similiar, really, save that the trews are elasticated rather than draw-string type (and probably not quite the same quality of cloth).

Tootal stuff is great - I've got a few of their cravats, as well as a cotton, Summer-weight dressing gown. I think mostly 1960s manufacture, but one of those English companies that stuck with the same classic designs from the 30s or earlier and onwards.

These are a couple of the only photos I have of myself in night attire, taken at the Candybox Burlesque Club "No Rest for the Wicked" night in June 2007:

Uploaded18June2007001.jpg

Uploaded18June2007020.jpg

I think I may have posted these before, on one of the smoking jacket threads possibly? The gown is an acetate material, 1960s. The PJs are modern (Marksies, I believe). I also have the aforementioned Tootal gown, and a heavy wool dressing gown which I believe to be of 30s or 40s vintage. Additionally I have a couple of other gowns, one a modern fleece type (likely to be cleared out this year, if it's not sacrificed for a costume for World Zombie Day on the 11th of next month), another a quilted silk number, bought in the factory on one of my trips to China. This silk number is a real winner, and looks great alongside vintage designs and styles. Beautifully warm, too! That one is staying. I'll have to get some decent photos of these at some point.

Schofields

Familiar Face
3 words: brooks brothers nightshirts.

super comfortable. some of the styles scream 1910s-1920s. white banded collars w/ light blue/white pinstripe.

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails