Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mens Red Wing Boots Sz 10 1/2 D (Brand new, never worn)

Purplesage

One Too Many
I purchased these Red Wings a couple of years ago but never did wear them. They are a special edition with the tartan plaid wool on the sides and upper and the rest is all leather. The color of the leather is like cognac. Asking $125.00 plus shipping. Forgot to add they are made in the USA, not all Red Wings are.

photo5-455_zpsb9025930.jpg

photo3-427_zps6dd2276b.jpg

photo2-432_zps1a470a5e.jpg

photo1-534_zps9d7ae3fe.jpg

photo2-430_zps982b4654.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
For anyone taking a peek at these, they are worth a lot more than the asking price, and at some point are going to be among the model of boots made by Redwing to be considered a "collectable" as this model was not one they will have made year to year runs on them. And, as made mention already in the OP, made in the USA. We can all with an open mind know, that at some point in the near future, would be no shock to see Redwing turn over all their shoe and boot making to Korea or Mexico or India.

Bottom line....these are a bargain like crazy! Buy them. Do not wait, go raid that piggy bank and just do it!

Purplesage

One Too Many
RobFedoraField - It's really ashamed that so many companies that use to be made almost exclusively in the USA are now being made in foreign countries, China in particular. I have some old Woolrich coats that were of course made in the USA but now like LL Bean most of their stuff is made outside the US. The ironic thing is that Woolrich has a division called Woolrich Woolen Mills that still makes coats and jackets here in the US but they are very expensive. Those that use to be made in the USA were of the same quality as Woolrich Woolen mills except they were much more affordable. Levis is doing the same thing with some of their jeans made in the US but they are also very expensive.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Boots were sold but I had to refund the buyers money because I unintentionally put them in storage when we moved to another state. I now have them back so they would make a great Christmas present. They are brand new and a discontinued special addition model with the tartan sides and made in the USA. I bought these several years ago and never wore them. $140.00 shipped

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello there! Geez I sure do wish I could swing buying these....they are at this time already rare as it is a boot you just do not see anywhere for sale. I think we have about 60 pairs of RedWings and know some will only increase in value as time passes. The plaid sides make these hard to find.....and price is a "steal deal"....

Purplesage

One Too Many
I wear a 10.5 E - 10.5 EE and the length is fine. They are just a bit too snug for my wide foot. If you wear a 10.5 D or med they should fit fine. They do not run on the large side.

Purplesage

One Too Many
I considered that but I didn't really want to risk the possibility that they still wouldn't fit. I think they will work better for someone who wears a D or med width shoe.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
OH MY! I would think by now these would have been sold to some happy person to have the ability to own them! Any similar model red wing boot is going to sell for almost twice the price and these are already on the "collectable" list for red wing boots. They only made so many of these which makes them rare now and they are built to last long and to be worn in comfort. If they were an 11D I would just buy them for Daniel, even though we have a large stock of NOS Redwings now. These have all the bells and whistles you would want in a fantastic made boot.

Purplesage

One Too Many
We'll thanks for the plug Cindy. I think they are a steal as well. I'm certainly not going to give them away. As mentioned above, I did sell them but I inadvertently packed them when we moved. I gave the buyer the option of a refund or waiting until I could have my personal effects delivered and he opted for a refund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran