Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Midnight Blue Highwayman yes? no?

Blue?

• Yes

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How about a LHB with a yoke? I'm thinking that as the jacket got worn in the edging would look fantastic. The style would suit you, as well. And the nickle, no question.

Sockeye

One of the Regulars
Or a zip sleeve Highwayman with front yoke and cream contrast stitching. The blue will come out around the seams, and I think the yoke would look much better than around a pocket.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Ok, but for the tartan. You guys convinced me. I'm thinking about simply requesting from Aero or Thurston (Carrie, is this leather available through you guys?) just to surprise me.

I'll need a rock n' roll label though. Lol

nick123

I'll Lock Up
And there's also that tumbled brown Wayfarer looking at me on the sale page...

The epitome of first world problems. We're very fortunate, lucky people.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Sunburst with blue stitching would be pretty wild.

That original russet goatskin Sunburst modeled when it was released looked dynamite. I think you'd want to be conservative color-wise with that one. The back panel lines alone are enough excitement. That one seems easy to "overdo". Imo of course.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I've been back and forth looking at the other blue Thurston carries. It's more vivid, but I'm kind of liking it too. It's a bit lighter I think.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I like the darker hide. I think it's quite classy. Am I right in thinking that the creasing etc will come up with more pronounced blue?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I like the darker hide. I think it's quite classy. Am I right in thinking that the creasing etc will come up with more pronounced blue?

I think the Chromexcel has a lighter blue undertone that will show through with time. I agree, the darker blue looks classy. In fact, it would look pretty good as is without color aging.

For the lighter hide, (I have no idea what it is.) I know it's archived here somewhere. But I don't think it's as heavy (thick) as the regular FQHH. Since you guys got me started with the crazy tartan choices, I'm thinking that lighter blue leather might be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats