Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIDNIGHT BLUE

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After the work Art did on my Flagship I had asked him if he would make me a custom ( it is really long over due) and Art graciously accepted. I sent him a hat to use as a guide as far as shape and style. I've wanted a dark blue fedora for a long time now and figured that would be the color to use.

The hat is exactly how I thought it would be,Stunning.He matched the sample hat in every way possible. He showed me several types of ribbon and as soon as I saw this one I knew I wanted it. the hat fits perfectly and the color is great.

I saw a photo posted by RBH of Howard Hughes in a great looking hat. I have been playing around with different bashes on Arts hat to see if I could get that look more or less.

This is how I asked Art to crease it.
DSCN4452.jpg
[/IMG]

This is how I bashed it today.
DSCN4458.jpg
[/IMG]
What do you think?
DSCN4463.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN4468.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN4462.jpg
[/IMG]

DOUGLAS

Thanks guys, Art did a great job.
Dinerman, Art nailed the bow. It is exactly like the sample.
DSCN4109.jpg
[/IMG]
I also really like the sweat color. It goes nicely with the blue.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
LOVE THEM BLUES

Douglas,

A fine fine hat. It has got to look so rich in person. The midnight blue is

such a great color. The simplicity of the bow design off sets the color

differential to maintain a divine elegance.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

WEEGEE, the color is very dense very rich, much more so than the photos show. I wanted a bow color that I could use to pick up accents in my clothing and since I wear a lot of earth tones This ribbon will go wonderfully with much of my wardrobe.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I am speechless! That color combo is completely stunning! Perfect! This is now my very favorite felt hat Art has done.

I like the shape you gave it day 2; it looks very soft.

Wow!

DOUGLAS

Scott, it is very soft,very soft and despite its softness retains a brim style that can be adjusted,which I prefer on my custom hats. I am thrilled with the color combination as it is sporty and a bit conservative at the same time.
I agree, I will keep the second crown style. I hope Art won't be too upset. I have a tendency to fuss around with a hat and tweek it until it matches that mental picture in my head.

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
Douglas, I like the second shape too - if only because in the old movies there are no perfectly formed bashes.

And that ribbon is wild. I love it!

Joel

DOUGLAS

Thanks for the input gents,the second it is.
DSCN4454.jpg
[/IMG]
I love the way the ribbon glows in the sunshine.

RBH

Bartender
WOW Douglas!!!

This is a case of you cant improve the original.
But you did, Arts work looked fantastic, but it was that little bit of 'hands on' that truly brought Arts work to life.
I would think Art is proud... you should be.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Razzman

One Too Many
Splendid hat Douglas. :eusa_clap You have a very classy hat. Congratulations. Your design is fantastic with the color and ribbon combination, and of course Art created a wonderful hat. Truly magnificent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner