Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I have 4 or them, one of which I am going to put on to sit on the deck with my dog, read the paper online and smoke my daily cigar. It's about 50º outside so the WP and a light jacket will keep me warm.
That is a marvellous way to spend Sunday morning. I have worn a WP all day as well: in my case the Peat Brown version.

Peacoat

Bartender
Temps have been consistently in the 40s when I sit on the deck and smoke my cigar. Perfect weather for a WP and a light jacket. Stevieboy would agree. RIP friend.

If it gets colder, I just put on a heavier jacket. I only have 30 + warm jackets and coats. Plenty to choose from.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Temps have been consistently in the 40s when I sit on the deck and smoke my cigar. Perfect weather for a WP and a light jacket. Stevieboy would agree. RIP friend.

If it gets colder, I just put on a heavier jacket. I only have 30 + warm jackets and coats. Plenty to choose from.
That’s really nice of you. Stevieboy’s funeral is coming soon. I hope he is wearing a WP as he goes off into the great unknown. Oh dear, my British stiff upper lip is quivering just a little as I write that.

It’s also WP weather over here. It was the turn of the Navy WP today for me.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I hope this thread isn’t going to disappear. … It’s near the end of WP season but there are still quite a few occasions when it’s possible to wear one all day. And even on the warmer days WPs still work morning and evening.

Peacoat

Bartender
I think I will wear my sage WP this morning as I sit on the deck and smoke my cigar. The last week or so I have been wearing one of my Navy WP.
I called it "sage," but I went to the site to find the official color, and it is Derby tweed. So, I wore my Derby Tweed this morning until it warmed up. Great sweaters, these British WPs.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I called it "sage," but I went to the site to find the official color, and it is Derby tweed. So, I wore my Derby Tweed this morning until it warmed up. Great sweaters, these British WPs.
You have given me the idea of wearing my Derby Tweed WP for the next couple of days.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
And that has given me the idea to wear my Derby Tweed for the next few days as well. It is cool enough for a WP up until about 9:30, and then the sun has warmed things up. Might as well wear them while I can before the summer hits.
It’s a very good colour, close to but distinct from the Army green, and with overtones of ‘country gent’.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
@Peacoat : Have you any news of @Harp? He used to be quite a regular contributor to this thread (a fellow WP aficionado) and to FL in general, but he hasn’t posted anywhere on FL since 22nd April 2022.

Last edited:

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
In the Northern hemisphere we are moving beyond WP weather (occasionally it’s still cool enough in the morning and evening), but with the Fall (Autumn) in mind, Outdoor Knitwear are offering 25% off for the buildup to Father’s Day, Code DAD25.
www.outdoorknitwear.com
Their new website is a lot better, incidentally.

Father’s Day in the U.K. is 18th June.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Hello Chaps,
It’s WP weather again in many areas of the Northern Hemisphere (I am pleased to say after this horrible scorching ‘El Niño’ year). I have already worn mine on several occasions and look forward to more of the same.

Outdoor Knitwear www.outdoorknitwear.com have a 15% offer on: code WINTER15 until 30th October.

Peacoat

Bartender
Hello Chaps,
It’s WP weather again in many areas of the Northern Hemisphere (I am pleased to say after this horrible scorching ‘El Niño’ year). I have already worn mine on several occasions and look forward to more of the same.

Outdoor Knitwear www.outdoorknitwear.com have a 15% offer on: code WINTER15 until 30th October.
I normally wear my WP under a coat. Hasn't been that cold here in Tennessee yet. Cold enough for a coat but not both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred