Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Carnage

One of the Regulars
I was given one of these for Christmas, I think it is one of my favourite garments that I currently own. I cannot do anything but reccomend Outdoor Knitwear their products are excellent.

14.jpg

The dog was not included.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
That's a beautiful sweater. I have bought several from them over the years and also recommend them highly. I note that they have a new military woolly pully range as well (see the section marked 'woolly pully').

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Yes, and as well as the expanded woolly pully section which looks v good, I see they now have the white roll neck airforce/submariners sweater for sale too. I'll have to lock my credit card away methinks. rgds.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Yes, and as well as the expanded woolly pully section which looks v good, I see they now have the white roll neck airforce/submariners sweater for sale too. I'll have to lock my credit card away methinks. rgds.

I am looking with interest at the woolly pully section. I already have olive green, air force blue, navy blue, black, moss green - but would like the dark brown and the grey mix, for starters, to add to the collection. As I said before, I'm a bit of an aficionado.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I am looking with interest at the woolly pully section. I already have olive green, air force blue, navy blue, black, moss green - but would like the dark brown and the grey mix, for starters, to add to the collection. As I said before, I'm a bit of an aficionado.

Yes I have quite a few woolly pully sweaters in V & round necks all British made wool of course, including a bottle green V neck and grey V neck too, I also have one of outdoor knit wear heavy ribbed pullovers with sude patches which is great, I could not see the dark brown one you mention of the Outdoor Knitwear woolly pully section site, may be I need a new pair of specs. Following your thread a few weeks ago, I bought a Roll neck Jersey from Sou'West Chunkies which is fantastic, so much so that when my next pay slip comes in, i'll be ordering another. Rgds.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Hello Steve,
We clearly share the same sensible taste in traditional wollly pullovers. Re. the military woolly pullies, click on the first icon in the WP section of Outdoor Knitwear (with the picture of the chap in the olive green). You will then see larger picture of said chap, plus a range of colours represented by squares of ribbed wool. The dark brown is the last of these.

The black Chunkie I ordred is indeed fantastic.

In addition to all these ribbed sweaters, I have several Guernseys and a submariners rollneck.

I've sent you a PM with my email address, since we're both in the London area.

Best Wishes,
Aidan

Carnage

One of the Regulars
I am now looking at more of these jumpers thanks to you people. I can see a new NATO might be in order...

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I am now looking at more of these jumpers thanks to you people. I can see a new NATO might be in order...

Yes these pullovers certainly are good garments, much better than some of the cheaper types that are around. I think the quality should be good too. Rgds Steve.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
hello steve,
we clearly share the same sensible taste in traditional wollly pullovers. Re. The military woolly pullies, click on the first icon in the wp section of outdoor knitwear (with the picture of the chap in the olive green). You will then see larger picture of said chap, plus a range of colours represented by squares of ribbed wool. The dark brown is the last of these.

The black chunkie i ordred is indeed fantastic.

In addition to all these ribbed sweaters, i have several guernseys and a submariners rollneck.

I've sent you a pm with my email address, since we're both in the london area.

Best wishes,
aidan

Good afternoon,
Yes I have a navy blue guernsey, a white sub roll neck and a couple of cricket long sleeved sweaters amongst others. I'll watch out for your pm. Rgds Steve.

Last edited:

Ticklishchap

One Too Many

They are very good - comforatble and durable, as you already know. Which colours are you considering? I am thinking about Peat Brown and Dark Grey (mainly because I have so many of the others).

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Good afternoon,
Yes I have a navy blue guernsey, a white sub roll neck and a couple of cricket long sleeved sweaters amongst others. I'll watch out for your pm. Rgds Steve.[/QUOT

I've seen your thread on cricket sweaters and think I must get one - I enjoyed wearing them in my school and student days. A

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Good afternoon,
Yes I have a navy blue guernsey, a white sub roll neck and a couple of cricket long sleeved sweaters amongst others. I'll watch out for your pm. Rgds Steve.

As for Guernseys, I have the Navy blue, along with olive green, new natural, denim blue, breton red, another shade of dark red, black (Royal Tank Reg. colour) and a few others I can't recall off-hand!!

Carnage

One of the Regulars
They are very good - comforatble and durable, as you already know. Which colours are you considering? I am thinking about Peat Brown and Dark Grey (mainly because I have so many of the others).

I would probably go with a colour other than NATO olive, maybe one of the more brown colours I am just having a look now.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
As for Guernseys, I have the Navy blue, along with olive green, new natural, denim blue, breton red, another shade of dark red, black (Royal Tank Reg. colour) and a few others I can't recall off-hand!!

Wow, do have a lot of different pullovers, how do you find the time to wear them all? Mind you in this recent cold weather mine have come in very useful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy