Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moonbeam 1950's Repro Clocks – Check your Big Lots!

ShortClara

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Short Clara and Smuterella, I had problems with mine when I tested the alarm as well. The first time I tested it, it went off about 10 minutes late. Every time since then, it's been fine. Maybe tinker with it a little more?

Also, Clara, did you turn off the clock when it started blinking or did you let it run? It blinks for about 4 or 5 minutes before the bell rings.

D'oh! That was mentioned above. Apparently my problems are user error. Not surprising :eusa_doh:

InspectorMorse

One of the Regulars
This thread has driven me clock-crazy! I now have a green, a blue, a pink, 2 of the clock radios a 1931 silver & the athens one too! Big Lots is so cool, and to think I rarely went there even though I have one here in my town! New frontiers and all, you know? It is making me rethink how I can add some more retro/vintage items to my already decorated home!

D

DeaconKC

Inspector, you're killing me! 2 of the radios........whimper:eusa_doh:

sixsexsix

Practically Family
here are mine "in action"
6319e2ba.jpg

b8dc43bc.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Looking sharp.

Yesterday I got a blue wall clock and we got one of the pink Moonbeams as a gift for our oldest daughter (she's 8). I think she'll like it.

D

DeaconKC

Unbelievable Lady!

Lulu in NY pm's me and offers to go out of her way to find me a clock/radio. Then takes her time and gets the last one for me. What a classy lady! A very public thank you for such graciousness!

Mike K.

One Too Many
Hey, does anybody have the cool mint green clocks at your local store?

My nearest Big Lots has pink and green, but the green is a bright lime green. *yucky*

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Mike K. said:
Hey, does anybody have the cool mint green clocks at your local store?

My nearest Big Lots has pink and green, but the green is a bright lime green. *yucky*
Which clock? The Moonbeam? I didn't know there was a mint green- I thought that the one green I've seen was the only one. Are you talking about the bluish one? If so, I haven't seen a single one like that.

freebird

Practically Family
Those are cool. Hope our big lots has them when I make it in next. (80+ mile round trip to the nearest Big Lot Store).My next scheduled trip is in September. Fortunately, there aren't many (known) loungers in the area.

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Thanks to this heads-up, I now have the pink(for me) and the yellow (square) one for my husband. There were no radios there--I was saddened! I want one so much! I didn't see any of the light blue either.
When I paid for them, the cashier looked at me suspiciously when I rattled on and on about my clock excitement. She did not share my Moonbeam love.

freebird

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
:eek:fftopic: Freebird, what part of OK are you in? I'm on the boarder of OK in AR.
I'm 30 some odd miles North of Muskogee, in Chouteau. I used to pass through Ft Smith quite often to visit relatives in Arkansas (Clarksville). It's been a year or two since my last trip that direction.

freebird

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
Oh I know Muskogee,we went to the renaisance fair there a couple of times several years back.

You weren't there in 1996 were you? I worked the renn fair in Muskogee as a parking lot attendant,and almost got ran over by an irate neighbor.:eusa_doh:

D

DeaconKC

Got my radio today from Lulu! WOOHOO! I'd use a dance icon, but can't find one for a happy dancing fat guy..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo