Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
1948 Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House , with Cary Grant . I always liked that Movie .

th
th

Looking at the property . Dealing with the Contractor .

mrblandings_017.jpg

The Lunch Counter

If you've ever been to Monument Valley then you've probably been inside the cabin that was built on site for The Searchers. The first time I was in there I remembered the opening scene from the movie when the doors open & from the inside the camera is looking out into beautiful Monument Valley & it flashes on the screen, "Texas 1868". As I stood there & looked out those doors for the first time all I could think of was this ain't Texas!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
If you've ever been to Monument Valley then you've probably been inside the cabin that was built on site for The Searchers. The first time I was in there I remembered the opening scene from the movie when the doors open & from the inside the camera is looking out into beautiful Monument Valley & it flashes on the screen, "Texas 1868". As I stood there & looked out those doors for the first time all I could think of was this ain't Texas!

So True , but out between Abilene and Lubbock there's some semi similar less dramatic scenery .

So True , but out between Abilene and Lubbock there's some semi similar less dramatic scenery .
I got reflection from the glass taking this just now but here is my pic taken of Totem Pole & yei bi chei in 2008. I had to hire a Navajo guide to take me into this point. They are very protective of the sand dunes & no one can walk on them. The public tours never get this close. From where I was standing to yei bi chei was probably 1/4 mi across the sand dune.

2mgr3vo.jpg

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That was my exact thought. I even rewound it to show my wife. We got a kick out of that.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

That was my exact thought. I even rewound it to show my wife. We got a kick out of that.

This one ...

The+Searchers2.jpg
or this one ?
th
Different cabins , I think .

This one ...

The+Searchers2.jpg
or this one ?
th
Different cabins , I think .
Yes there are two cabins. Opening scene is shot from the second pic as I remember. One is now a gift shop in the park. The other is up that side road a short ways. In 2008 they built a small airfield in that flat along that road & was going to have a sanctioned airplane race that summer. I was there in May & they were building it then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner