Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

edcc8063b9dcf6c5cc335b8c10f41857.jpg The guy in the hat looks like Victor Mature.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone going to see "Bridge of Spies"? Looks like a good Cold War flick with hats! I love Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks!

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I managed to see the 1942 movie 'The Man Who Came to Dinner' again after several years of not making time to see it. Of course, THIS time I noticed the hats as well as the dialogue. Wow! So many hats with character in that movie. Aside from the bowler worn by Grant Mitchell at the beginning of the film, every other hat appeared to be well-worn and actually a part of each of the characters. The diamond bash in Richard Travis' hat seemed both casual and deliberate, and Jimmy Durante's heavily handled fedora looked like it had been with him for quite a while. It was great to see the movie after so many years, but even more fun to notice things I'd never noticed before.

I saw it a few weeks back as well. I found even the "bad guys" came across as "regular guys". Everyone just had a job to do and they were servants to their ambitious plotting masters. Perhaps Steven was trying to thaw the Cold War.

,,,Mike in Canada
Yes, I thought the spin doctors got at it just a little bit.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I managed to see the 1942 movie 'The Man Who Came to Dinner' again after several years of not making time to see it. Of course, THIS time I noticed the hats as well as the dialogue. Wow! So many hats with character in that movie. Aside from the bowler worn by Grant Mitchell at the beginning of the film, every other hat appeared to be well-worn and actually a part of each of the characters. The diamond bash in Richard Travis' hat seemed both casual and deliberate, and Jimmy Durante's heavily handled fedora looked like it had been with him for quite a while. It was great to see the movie after so many years, but even more fun to notice things I'd never noticed before.
Me, too. This movie and "The Male Animal" (with Henry Fonda, Olivia Dehavilland, and Jack Carson) are my two favorite films for men's attire. Not only that, though: this is the only film that makes it seem perfectly reasonable and justifiable to want to do violence to a man in a wheelchair.

Luis

One of the Regulars
Over the weekend I re-watched the 1989 Batman film due to Jack Nicholson's acting and since I had not seen it in a long time ~10 years.

Amazed on all the cool hats that came out in the film. Just about everyone is hatted up in this. Just thought I would share this, It's not a golden era film but its got a ton of hats and great wardrobe throughout the film.

Batman_392.jpg
Batman_1989_-_The_Waynes.jpg
Batman89Eckhart.jpg
batman-1989-02-g.jpg
Batman-1989-batman-2686720-1024-576.jpg
Batman-1989-batman-2686743-1024-576.jpg
Btmn_0857.jpg
Eckhardt_and_Napier.jpg
eckhardt_look_1195673032.jpg
jack-napier-and-bob-the-goon.png

Yea! That one caught my attention. I wonder who made all these hats for the film. Tim Burton knew what he was doing when he was making this.
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the wardrobe worn by Michael Keaton, and certainly by Kim Basinger and Jack Nicholson, were made specifically for them for the movie. Everything else probably came from Warner Bros.' wardrobe department warehouse, or was borrowed or rented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner