Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Cool! Be sure to post it in the Western thread as well. I have a Valentine hat, but it was not made for anyone famous that I know of.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/western-anyone.24539/page-201#post-2235138
He Bob: read all this link. Was to “giddy”(goofy) before. The article you posted is the same article i ran across researching the Hopalong hat. That’s why this hat was my first economic investment hat. Knew it was valuable, maybe a goldmine. I saw appraisals high as $6k, crazy. What sz are you? I thought it cool how “Val” recognized his work on the Cooper hat which Cooper gifted to Picasso along with a couple 6 shooters. Hence the famous pic of Picasso standing pointing 2 6 shooters in the air wearing the Cooper gifts. I’ve seen other Pablo pics wearing the same hat. From what i gathered Cooper hung out alot with Picasso. Funny you don’t associate huge cowboy movie stars buddies with “Picasso”. My money says it was the felt, and we all know Picasso knew good art. So, i think you and i are in good company with the Valentines. Will post up when they let me whenever that is? Thanks for reaching out. Be well. Bowen. PS: Avitar shot stinks. Prob do a redo.

What sz are you?
7-1/2, so my Valentine is a wall-hanger.

6f2951aae0fbeef1d5b2bd19ccec14c8--gifs-animés-animated-gifs.jpg

Doctor Jones

Familiar Face
Well not felt hats but here goes...

I put together an outfit like Dr Jones Senior wears in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The hat was impossible for me to find anywhere.

For one thing, it looks a bit different in different shots.

Here's a screen shot from the film

dgZN0et.jpg

Then, there are a number of stills taken with a desert background. In these the hat is rather conical. Here's one of those, there were quite a few more shots taken at the same time showing various poses:

J3YGH7s.jpg

Then there is a second group of stills showing a temple background. In these the hat has a crease and dimples and appears to be a darker tweed. (Note, compared to the photo above, in the photo below his suit is lighter and the hat darker.)

URwL60V.jpg

Then there's a movie hat which came up at auction. As you can see the brim appears to be rather different than above.

YFVqDGZ.jpg

Being a crazy person, I wanted two hats, representing more or less the two general ways it looks in various scenes and stills.

I couldn't find any new or vintage hats that looked right, so I had them made.

I searched for around a year for a couple vintage Harris Tweed jackets that I bought and sent to the hat maker. Here are the results

5f5WbPZ.jpg

She used the original Harris Tweed labels, very cool, as each piece of Harris Tweed is numbered

nzbUvae.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I want it! The hat too. Great images Terry. I'll have to go back and look this one up and watch it.
It's a great movie. You'll like it. It tops the list of my all time favorite film noirs along with "Out Of The Past". Dick Powell was probably the best Philip Marlowe of them all. He was the first screen actor to portray the private eye in the movies, "Murder My Sweet", 1944. The hats are awesome. You gotta watch it. You won't be disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy