Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Anthony; MJH's music started me. I was given the mandate to learn to play the guitar as a retirement hobby. Corp. America and my wife deposited a heap of money at the Podium (guitar boutique) here in MPLS for me to choose a guitar and take lessons. When picking up my first guitar on a Saturday morning, only 3 lessons in I heard Miss.John Hurt being played on the msuic system at the guitar shop. I said out loud that " I want to play that!" Like many others that started me down the road to country blues/blues/jazz. Same morning I was enjoying my guitar before my lesson at the shop, working on figuring out Monday Morning Blues, MJH, and I got assistance from a musician who was getting some inrtument repair done before their concert that evening. Turned out Lyle Lovett sat down and showed me some muting technique to the same song. He played it for me on my guitar and then passed a couple of tickets for his evening concert. I finished my lesson, with Phil Heywood (Nat. Fingerstyle Champ. - did not know this for many weeks) and was totally stoked! Muscians pass it forward! They kick. I did not even know how special it was meeting and sharing with these characters, but quickly learned to appreciate.

Anywhooo, MJH rocks! His music is complicated in synopation and feeling, not by the quanity of notes or location on guitar fretboard.

Eric (short balding guy channeling 1910-40's blues) -

Last edited:
Anthony; MJH's music started me. I was given the mandate to learn to play the guitar as a retirement hobby. Corp. America and my wife deposited a heap of money at the Podium (guitar boutique) here in MPLS for me to choose a guitar and take lessons. When picking up my first guitar on a Saturday morning, only 3 lessons in I heard Miss.John Hurt being played on the msuic system at the guitar shop. I said out loud that " I want to play that!" Like many others that started me down the road to country blues/blues/jazz. Same morning I was enjoying my guitar before my lesson at the shop, working on figuring out Monday Morning Blues, MJH, and I got assistance from a musician who was getting some inrtument repair done before their concert that evening. Turned out Lyle Lovett sat down and showed me some muting technique to the same song. He played it for me on my guitar and then passed a couple of tickets for his evening concert. I finished my lesson, with Phil Heywood (Nat. Fingerstyle Champ. - did not know this for many weeks) and was totally stoked! Muscians pass it forward! They kick. I did not even know how special it was meeting and sharing with these characters, but quickly learned to appreciate.

Anywhooo, MJH rocks! His music is complicated in synopation and feeling, not by the quanity of notes or location on guitar fretboard.

Lyle Lovett? Eric you're my man!

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
Turned out Lyle Lovett sat down and showed me some muting technique to the same song. He played it for me on my guitar and then passed a couple of tickets for his evening concert. I finished my lesson, with Phil Heywood (Nat. Fingerstyle Champ. - did not know this for many weeks) and was totally stoked! Muscians pass it forward! They kick. I did not even know how special it was meeting and sharing with these characters, but quickly learned to appreciate.

How COOL is THIS?!?!?!?!

~shoes~

Buck Owens.

owens_buck_2_bildgroesse_aendern_179.jpg

BuckOwensRIP.jpg

6231cb22efb21ba065069751384e7585--musica-country-country-artists.jpg

a6b5409e990956d05b0c0b1fe59ed59b--singer-august-.jpg

Buck-Owens.jpg

Buck_Owens-14-800x400.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads