Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wasn't this photo also posted a while back? Maybe it's a false deja vu on my end! When the threads get this long it's hard to know what went before.

I'm sure you're right, Z!. I imagine it was probably me. It's possible that I posted this photo in a different thread as well. Sorry for the duplicates!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I recently discovered Pandora (I know, I know...) and it has brought so much more enrichment to my days. For instance, I discovered this guy this morning:

fultonallenopenercopy.jpg

Blind Boy Fuller, blues artist.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
B'man, I have a bunch of BB Fuller songs in my performing list. The lyrics and music still continue to entertain these nearly 90+years later. Plus he is styling in a hat. I have not worn a hat when my buddy and I play out as I sweat a ton and the hat would become a dish rag. Advise?

Love BBQ.

Eric

T Rick

Practically Family
Hubert Sumlin (guitarist for Howlin' Wolf for decades). Did a Google for images, hardly a one there of him without a hat (lots of different hats too). I saw him live in a small club just over a year ago I think it was... and just in this search found out he passed away at the age of 80 just under 3 months ago. RIP, thanks for all the great sounds!

hubert-sumlin-530-85.jpg

B'man, I have a bunch of BB Fuller songs in my performing list. The lyrics and music still continue to entertain these nearly 90+years later. Plus he is styling in a hat. I have not worn a hat when my buddy and I play out as I sweat a ton and the hat would become a dish rag. Advise?

Love BBQ.

Eric

I do have one suggestion. An Akubra Capricorn. I have one, it is surprisingly good looking and comfortable, breathes well, and is I think nearly sweat proof. It is made of polypropylene, and if the pug does get stained (so far I've been able to simply rinse mine on the hat), it could easily be removed, washed and reinstalled. Worth a try for under a hundred bucks I think!

orig.jpg
standard.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
The late Pinetop Perkins.

[video=youtube;8SwtO4ZDB1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SwtO4ZDB1s[/video]
Priceless Rusty, thanks for sharing that! Pinetop Perkins also appeared with Kenny Wayne Shepherd on the 2007 CD/DVD "Ten Days Out". Worth checking out for those into the blues, lots of other guest appearances (the goal was to include collaborations with several of the greats that were still around).

The late, great Hubert Sumlin also appeared on that compilation, and to keep us OT, here are a few more pics of him, including the cover of his last release (Grammy nomiated), "About Them Shoes".
hubert-sumlin-380.jpg
hubertsumlin.jpg
hubert-sumlin-05-12-11.jpeg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Awesome last few posts, as well, gentlemen. So inspiring!

Not a hat I would've guessed Bob Wills would wear-- very cool! I had the absolute pleasure of hearing his former mandolin player by chance at some small club in Nashville several years ago. Blew me away. I forget the venue, but it had an unforgettable floor-to-ceiling mural of the Neuschwanstein Castle of the German Alps behind the playing area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters