Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Joao : If you want to explore some more experimenting blues(-rock) from the same period, you should try to get hold of an album, called "Super Session". It's got a slight psychedelic twist, and is very time-pocket'ish - but it's still worth listening to. Today, the phaser/flanger effects on the entire drum-kit, featured on some tracks, seem a little "heavy" in ear-phones ... but it made many of us extatic at the time :rockon: :D

Among others, the album features Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper and Steven Stills. Musicians with a great impact on Johnny Winters' early carrier.

Last edited:
"Among others, the album features Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper and Steven Stills. Musicians with a great impact on Johnny Winters' early carrier. "

I love Stephen Stills' quote from a live album, "One thing the blues ain't... Is funny."

Crazy Dave

Familiar Face
Amazing…and another thing that amazes me is that he looks taller than Shannon, maybe it's the camera angle, or was he a giant in more ways than one?

Members of the Dajos Bela dance orchestra sporting flat caps.

984166_320449298130735_8901389317878510048_n.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I thought I saw binding on it? My first thought was Optimo because it looked like it had a bit of taper at the top, and I couldn't place the color to anything like Winchester makes....

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Jared, those are better shots. I guess the hat is black or charcoal, in normal lighting. The stage lighting made me perceive a midnight blue. But yes, seems raw.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice mid-ribbon fedora for Mr. Richards in this video - great songs and international cast too!

[video=youtube_share;biGm7nUgisA]http://youtu.be/biGm7nUgisA[/video]

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Dave; Mr.Richards does look and sound sharp. Thanks it gives me a nice opportunity to listen to his music this aft.

Sharing some pics of the local features and hats of the recent summer:

A vtg. Stetson Whippet at a local gig.

IMG_0683-S.jpg

Waiting for a gig to start.

photo-S.jpg

I listened this summer on several occasions to a local National class finger style guitarist Dakota Dave Hull. He wears lots of different fedoras.

10311360_10153106791999298_6197867990541977012_n.jpg

Local pro Pat Donahue (infrequently wears fedora) and friends (Bass player frequently wears fedoras, accordion player, Dan Newton, frequently wears fedoras) mid summer:
IMG_0706-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic