Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Drdan

Familiar Face
Adelmo Fornaciari, known as ZUCCHERO (meaning sugar in Italian) is Italy's best selling recording artist of all time. He is almost always seen in concert wearing some sort of tophat, although he wears other styles of hats also.

He's a great performer, and is well known internationally, having had performed with John Lee Hooker, Chuck Berry, Bono, Buddy Guy, Brian Wilson, Jovanotti, B. B. King, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow, Sting, Luciano Pavarotti, Elton John, Brian May, Paul Young, Joe Cocker, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and others...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHcpj1WDTmk

l43-zucchero-121127121459_big.jpg

I've had the good fortune to see most of the great bands of the 60s and 70s that we all associate with classic rock n' roll; however, I never got to see them prior to them throwing in the towel.

Bowlerman, you won't be disappointed. They are one of the great bands of that era (or any, actually). And you've likely heard at least half-dozen of their songs, just never connected them. Take Bob's advice and go get Music From Big Pink. Fantastic album. Or just watch The Last Waltz.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I've had the good fortune to see most of the great bands of the 60s and 70s that we all associate with classic rock n' roll; however, I never got to see them prior to them throwing in the towel.

Bowlerman, you won't be disappointed. They are one of the great bands of that era (or any, actually). And you've likely heard at least half-dozen of their songs, just never connected them. Take Bob's advice and go get Music From Big Pink. Fantastic album. Or just watch The Last Waltz.

I've been blessed to have been able to catch a couple of Levons rambles up at his home studio in Woodstock .... obviously I'm too young to have caught the Band in any form .... I believe the Last Waltz was filmed in '76 ? ... and I was 2

but seeing Levons band up at his studio on his property was just killer !!!!

I put the Band right up there with any one of the bands from their era ... top notch players ... the cream of the crop

a couple things for Bowlerman to check out

[video=youtube;jREUrbGGrgM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jREUrbGGrgM[/video]

Last edited:
I've been blessed to have been able to catch a couple of Levons rambles up at his home studio in Woodstock .... obviously I'm too young to have caught the Band in any form .... I believe the Last Waltz was filmed in '76 ? ... and I was 2

I put the Band right up there with any one of the bands from their era ... top notch players ... the cream of the crop

I was only a few years into concert-going at that point myself. I was 15 when the LW was filmed. I unfortunately passed on a couple of chances to see Levon at a local club when I was younger. When you think about it, and the way many of the bands of that era keep on trucking, they bowed out pretty early.

rogerstg

A-List Customer

Thanks for the heads up. They weren't on my radar screen even though I came of age in the 70s. Deep Purple, Aerosmith, J. Geils, Creedence, 8 tracks, Olds Vista Cruise (like on that 70s show) were. The Band seems to embody the best of all of these and listening brings me back to those days of garage cover bands (except with mad skills) when rock was exploding.

FYI, the soundtrack of the Last Waltz is free for Amazon Prime members.

Roger

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Moon! I'm not getting any sound from these links but will check them out in YouTube this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Hi everyone
my name is Anthony and I believe I have finally come to the right place.

.... you see I have been looking for this specific hat for..... well... what will be 20 years in a few months sadly enough

I have done some research in that time and from what I gather it could be a Stetson ?... or possibly a Dobbs?

I am really hoping that someone here can help me out and tell what what this hat is and maybe where I can find one

it is a hat that Shannon Hoon wore in the mid 1990s .... particularly in 1995 right before his untimely death

it is a bit hard to find clear pictures of it from the side .... but the band is made up of small ropes

below I'll link first a video where he wears it for the entire song..... followed by some pics of the hat

I really hope someone can help.... thanks so much in advance

[video=youtube;-OMvnNmjbTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OMvnNmjbTg[/video]
10ofj82.jpg

zuky6a.jpg

2w7qxzs.jpg

2rm5w69.jpg

and here is an image I found on a message board from 2007 of a collage someone made of a similar hat they found

2z5ovib.jpg

thank you so much for any possible info

Anthony

Surely you've figured it out by now, but that looks like an Alpine/Tyrolean German velour to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner