Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

RJR

Another one of my favorites from the cowboy gatherings.

2crmwcy.jpg
Love the hat,it has "Joao" written all over it ;).

Amazing Rhythm Aces (Third Rate Romance)

Been an Aces fan for a long time. I had a high school sweetheart who is the cousin of Billy Earhart, the organ and piano player. He' s gotta long list of musical credits to his name. He's from Tullahoma, TN and I lived there for a couple years. Outside of George Dickel whiskey, he's about the only claim to fame that town has.

Been an Aces fan for a long time. I had a high school sweetheart who is the cousin of Billy Earhart, the organ and piano player. He' s gotta long list of musical credits to his name. He's from Tullahoma, TN and I lived there for a couple years. Outside of George Dickel whiskey, he's about the only claim to fame that town has.
Apparently Billy went on to play with Hank Jr. (according to Pandora). I hadn't heard much of their other stuff other than TRR, but they can rock!
Hey, nothin' shabby about George Dickel.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

You don't count the Tullahoma Lions Bowl ? Before they had actual State HS FB playoff games , that was a Biggie , our Team went (close game , but we lost as I recall) 1974 , I think . George Dickel is good , or was , no idea , now . Let the Dickel Trickle was the old saying . Tennessee Sippin Whiskey .

HJ , I posted Baxter , I think on Western , anyone ? Thread before seeing your post . Thanks for that compliment , but I bet the other side might be insulted , or laugh . Haha ! I've heard it all , even Baxter Black ... , but he still has more under his Hat in several ways . Just sayin .

Last edited:
You don't count the Tullahoma Lions Bowl ? Before they had actual State HS FB playoff games , that was a Biggie , our Team went (close game , but we lost as I recall) 1974 , I think . George Dickel is good , or was , no idea , now . Let the Dickel Trickle was the old saying . Tennessee Sippin Whiskey .

Yeah, Michael I forgot about that one. Some good football players have come out of that area. I also forgot to mention AEDC, which is the reason my company moved to that area when the worlds largest (at least then) wind tunnel test facility was being built during the Space Shuttle development program.

George and Jack, being only about 15 miles apart, were both customers of mine and I visited the distilleries weekly, as well as their product line, sometimes more often.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
No harm done Michael. I like Baxter Black & Waddie Mitchell, both are favorites among others. The Cowboy Gathering at Durango comes up again in late Sept. I could probably be talked into a meet & greet for a long weekend out there if anyone wanted to go.

http://www.durango.org/events/event/durango-cowboy-poetry-gathering1

AND ... That's The Best Time to be in CO ! until the first week in Oct ! as the snow starts to fly , but most of the passes are closed already usually by then (Oct) . Quaking Aspens Gold in the Wind !

...most of the passes are closed already usually by then (Oct) .
I have to cross over Wolf Creek Pass but they can usually clear it pretty fast if they get snow that time of yr. We went out one yr during the 3rd wk of Oct & they had snow at that elevation but all was good.

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
Thanks boys. I forgive Don being from Jersey, there's lots of cows in that beautiful state, plus my great grandfather (avatar photo) was from Long Island, and went on to be a buffalo hunter, and a respected cattleman in Utah and Colorado. I've spent a good deal of time around Red, and a little bit with Don, and both are the real deal. Thanks again for posting photos. Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo