Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Steven Tyler

Dude looks like a lady

2dm8tc0.jpg

One of my all-time favorite guitar players...Bill Nelson, most famously from the 70s prog/glam band Be-Bop Deluxe:

I will always regret never seeing Be Bop Deluxe, and Nelson so sporadically toured after, the only chances to see him seemed to be at the music festival in his home town in the UK. Now, with the hearing loss, it looks like he won't be playing live again. That man is the cleanest, most precise guitarist I've ever heard. Some of his stuff is achingly beautiful.

I will always regret never seeing Be Bop Deluxe, and Nelson so sporadically toured after, the only chances to see him seemed to be at the music festival in his home town in the UK. Now, with the hearing loss, it looks like he won't be playing live again. That man is the cleanest, most precise guitarist I've ever heard. Some of his stuff is achingly beautiful.

Nelson was often unfairly labeled by critics as a sort of poor man's David Bowie because his music was progressive and he somewhat resembled Bowie physically, which was a disservice to both of them. I've introduced people to him and they say "wow, where has that guy been all my life." Arguably the most under-appreciated guitarist out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass