Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

RBH

Bartender
I wonder if those are Nudie's suite they're wearing?
http://nudiesrodeotailor.com/gallery_fashions01.html

Yep.. I do know they sported 'Nudies' on the cover of Fandango.

ZZ_Top_-_Fandango.jpg

MrCairo

Familiar Face
Already mentioned but needs more pics:

leonard%2Bb%2B%26%2Bw.jpg

lacroix1.jpg

cohen.jpg

Not quite world renowned, but Romanian-German singer Roger Cicero also appears to have adopted fedoras and trilbys:

Roger%20Cicero.jpg

roger-cicero-hat-shirt-look-face-1660412944.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Chicago blues gentleman Jimmy Burns at Mojo blues bar in Copenhagen last night:

Jimmy_Burns_Mojo.jpg

A little hat-talk after the gig (we were the only hat-wearers in the room) confirmed my theory: It's a 30 year old Stetson OR, that has seen a lot of wear, sweat and stages. Great guitar player with one of the best voices on the contemporary blues scene! Fabulous night! :)

PS: Sorry about the head in the foreground. The place was quite crowded ;)

Last edited:

Mr.Astor

Banned
He's out of Connecticut now, used to be out of west chester county is in the kitchen business but alway's retained his studio player business for act's that came into New York. Worth a shot.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Probably not telling y'all anything you don't already know, but the guys above are actually the Dillards. The Dillards was a fairly influential band in the mid-sixties. They helped pave the way to what is now known as "country rock".

AF

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Probably not telling y'all anything you don't already know, but the guys above are actually the Dillards. The Dillards was a fairly influential band in the mid-sixties. They helped pave the way to what is now known as "country rock".
AF
Andy trivia...besides The Dillards what other musician on the show went on to a rock/country-rock career?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
OK...I think I've got it. Clarence White. I think I remember this from an article I read about White's D-28 that is now owned by Tony Rice.

AF

We have a winner! He played with the Byrds

Andy Griffith, Roland White, Eric White, Clarence White, Billy Ray Lathum and Leroy Mack - "The Country Boys"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran