Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 1st Attempt At a Hat Rack.....

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aaron Hats said:
Looks nice. How did you mount it to the wall? Keyholes on the back, screwed through the front, picture frame hangers?

Aaron
I used picture frame hangers (2) about 10" in on each end attached w/small 1/4" screws, then just put 2 small nails in the wall.

A

Ande1963

Nice! I've been thinking about making one myself, and I like the ball idea.

Anj

bolthead

Ande1963 said:
Nice! I've been thinking about making one myself, and I like the ball idea.

Anj
Yes Anj, the larger balls seem to have worked out well, only because the hats don't move around once placed. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

feltfan

Very nice...

Now if you learned anything from reading this forum, you'll go ahead
and make ten more of those right away.

Bebop

Practically Family
I have been wanting to make something like that for quite some time but since I have not made any progress on my attempt, I would pay good money for a hat rack like that. The only thing I would add would be felt on the balls. That would protect the sweat band even more. I find it difficult to believe that one of the mass producers has not caught on to the need for a hat rack for the masses. Looks like you may have found a product people want.

bolthead

Bebop said:
I have been wanting to make something like that for quite some time but since I have not made any progress on my attempt, I would pay good money for a hat rack like that. The only thing I would add would be felt on the balls. That would protect the sweat band even more. I find it difficult to believe that one of the mass producers has not caught on to the need for a hat rack for the masses. Looks like you may have found a product people want.
I thought about felt on the balls, but couldn't come up with a way to put it on them & make them look smooth and clean (no wrinkles). As far as paying good money, I'm curious as to how much some of the members would be willing to pay for such an item (hand crafted)? :rolleyes:

Feraud

Bartender
Great job on the hatrack bolthead.:eusa_clap
Based on the replies I have read, you can make a few bucks on these racks if you are interested.

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Hat rack

I've been debating between building a rack like yours and buying a free standing coat rack that can be converted into a hat rack easily ...

Zig2k143

Practically Family
HamletJSD said:
I've been debating between building a rack like yours and buying a free standing coat rack that can be converted into a hat rack easily ...

I have one of these and they work well.. I should take a picture.... But I want a wall rack too. I think they would compliment each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925