Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Baby Jo Store

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I live a couple blocks from this place: http://www.mybabyjo.com.

I walked into it for the first time recently. I had no idea what is was beforehand. Pretty nifty place, though generally over my budget. Not vintage stuff but retro recreations done pretty well for the most part. Cool guy. General fondness of the place. Will probably return. Especially one day when I feel justified buying a 50s style weekend jacket for 150 bucks. Ah, but so nice.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
I love the stuff on the website and could justify buying the clothes if only I could live near the store so that I could try the clothing on myself to see if I'd like how I looked in them.

My S.O says it best when he notes that Men's Clothing is generally more expensive than women's clothing. A pair of men's trousers on the website goes for $125 while the women's pants are about $70. You'd think it'd be the other way around. There are definitely exceptions to this.. says the woman who owns two pairs of $300 jeans. :whistling

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a few items that I got on their online store, and I'm very happy with them. As for price, they're really not any more expensive than the modern day shoppes out there, and at least I get a style that I like. The quality is good, and they're less expensive than some of the other repro stores on line. Yup, can you tell I'm trying very hard to justify my spending!!
I used to buy my hair accessories there before I discovered the Diva Pinup, my favorite hair accessory store on the planet:)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
The shop keepers at My Baby Jo are awesome, and they are truly entrenched in the vintage scene in LA. I always enjoy visiting the store and chit chatting with the staff and customers.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MissHuff said:
A pair of men's trousers on the website goes for $125 while the women's pants are about $70. You'd think it'd be the other way around. There are definitely exceptions to this.. says the woman who owns two pairs of $300 jeans. :whistling

The mens clothing is of better fabric, generally. That may be the reason for the huge price difference.

LD

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
They recently started carrying these hollywood waist trousers by a company called 'tarantula.'
doublepleatedtrouser_th.jpg

Somebody got ahold of a great source for wool gabardine, becuase the drape and feel of these slacks are VERY nice. The rise on the slacks are comparable to Bill's Khakis and they have a nice mid 50's fit: full cut in the seat and legs. I'm not a big fan of the front button closure (I'm more of a clasp guy) but that's just me.

Hope this was helpful.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I love My Baby Jo's! My boyfriend and I go there often as it's not too far from my apartment. He's been dying to get one of those 50's jackets. They have really great men's stuff, which is why he loves the place so much. It's hard to find nice repro casual menswear these days!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I checked their website out, cool-looking threads but disappointing sizes. The gab jackets look cool, and I'd definitely order a blue one if size small was a proper small, as in a 40-inch chest measurement, not 50 inches! It'd look like a circus tent on me. It's a shame for them, there's money they're losing because of hinky sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot