Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Fedoras

android

One of the Regulars
This is a Dave Brown beaver in steel grey
37818486.jpg

This is a Stetson that was owned by my mother in law. It was a Montana mountain style and has been reblocked into a fedora by Texas Hatters
37818500.jpg

This was Stetson cowboy hat from a thrift shop. Also reblocked by Texas Hatters.
37818507.jpg

This is a pure beaver from Texas Hatters.
37818504.jpg

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Oh, I love that pure beaver blue, low crown number. Sleek! if it's a 7, feel free to beam that one over. I need a nice blue beaver hat!

G

android

One of the Regulars
Matt,

The crowns are 4 1/2" to 5". Brims are all 2 3/4" or 2 7/8"

I'm not 100% satisfied with how authentic they look. TX Hatters only has one 2X long oval block, so all my hats from them look very similar. I'm also suspicious of their cowboy hat orientation and sometimes worry that they may look a little too western. Since, I don't live in the northeast, I don't really have anything to compare to.

If you think there's anything I can do to change the look, please make suggestions. I prefer a teardrop crown over the center dent.

The cowboy hats are very stiff since the use a lot of shellac in the felt. They don't really feel the same as a nice dress hat. I picked up the hats at the thrift shop for about $30 and a clean and reblock is $65, so it's very cost effective.

android

One of the Regulars
Wrong Size

G,

Thanks! It looks a little blue in the picture, but it's very black in person.

I wear a 2X long oval in about a 7 3/8. It is a royal pain to get a hat that fits. I used to race bicycles and always wondered why the damn helmets never fit my head, now I know.

Here's a close up.
37826452.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy